Location: MIA Sls Office (MIA-SLSO)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 52856
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you’ll love this job
- This job is a member of the Channel Sales Team within the Sales Division.
- Responsible for managing business relationships with 20-30 travel agencies focused on serving corporate customers. Such agencies typically have $200K – $10 million in annual booking revenue.A successful Channel Sales Specialist uses effective management of travel agency partners, enablement of travel agency partner employees to more effectively sell AA products and structuring of mutually beneficial business relationships. Success in this role is measured in three areas: 1) market share, 2) quality of revenue and 3) new business development.
What you’ll do
- Acts as the voice of the customer (VOC) for our agency partners and travel advisor community internally
- across our commercial teams.
- Establishes partnerships with key travel agencies, tour operators, consortia or other players and represent
- American Airlines and its Joint Business partners, including British Airways and Japan Airlines.
- Develops the strategy and goals for each account, executing the strategy, monitoring and reporting results
- and implementing initiatives to improve performance.
- Takes ownership to ensure the overall value proposition of American Airlines and its alliance partners is
- competitive in respect to pricing, commissions, backend incentives and other elements.
- Maintains account profile information, sales initiatives and strategies in AA’s CRM tool, Sales Hub, and uses
- planning tools such as account and call planners
- Takes on additional projects and relationship management with other organizations, such as Tourism
- Boards, Travel Associations, Hotel Chains, etc.
- Stays up-to-date on the network, product and services offered by American, its partner airlines and
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% for business as needed
All you’ll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience/training
- 3 years work experience
- 2 years sales experience
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Airline or business to business sales experience
- Channel partner sales experience
- Bilingual speaker Spanish/English
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- Understanding and execution of value-based selling
- Effective channel management skills
- Ability to structure mutually beneficial business relationships
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
What you’ll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
Feel Free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 52856