Location: Charlotte/Douglas Intl Apt (CLT-TRML)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 50030
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you’ll love this job
- This position will be a member of the Information Technology Team within the Information Technology Division.
- Responsible for supporting all Desktop and Mainframe IT inventory, including logistics support to ensure our customers receive their requested IT Assets. This position must operate with integrity and strive to keep our department in compliance with our internal Asset Management policy.
What you’ll do
- Understands business needs/requirements and strives to foster strong working relationships and open communication across the enterprise
- Receives all inbound and ships all outbound IT assets and peripherals, and performs general IT warehouse duties, including operating a forklift
- Drives company-owned delivery van to transport assets from one location to another, as needed
- Monitors and manages system work queues to ship replacement devices to requesting stations
- Deploys desktop assets/peripherals to end-users, provides logistical/delivery support, and supports asset recovery/reclamation activities
- Performs accurate data entry and asset tracking of various IT items, utilizing the company database to record asset information and retrieve work orders
- Maintains inventory and ensures all shipments are entered and tracked via the Shipping Control in company database
- Provides administrative and operational support, as needed, for all functions of the warehouse
- Travels, as required
All you’ll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1 year experience with inventory utilizing a form of inventory database software
- 1 year experience in general warehouse environment with a focus on asset management
- Valid driver’s license
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Associate’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
- Airline industry experience, including business process and supporting technology
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Experience in an IT warehouse/environment
- Proven planning and organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in a sense-of-urgency environment and leverage best practices
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and work environments
- Demonstrated initiative, flexibility, and ability to adapt to changing priorities and work environments
- Ability to operate a forklift in a warehouse environment
- Ability to lift and move 50 lbs
- Proficiency in MS Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
What you’ll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
Feel Free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 50030