Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – Caring – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
About the Role
Technical Communications is a Research & Development team responsible for creating and maintaining primary product labeling for Cardiac Rhythm Management (CRM) and Electrophysiology (EP) products. You will plan and manage the translation process for medical device literature and labels necessary to support Boston Scientific’s worldwide regulatory, marketing, and sales objectives.
- Work with Technical Communications project managers to understand project requirements, assess and mitigate risk and develop schedules.
- Manage translation work to meet timeline commitments.
- Request translation quotes from external languages service providers and review accuracy and expected translation memory utilization.
- Coordinate closely with language service providers to ensure timely and accurate completion of labeling deliverables.
- Assure project quality by reviewing and checking final files from language service providers for completeness and adherence to standards.
- Implement changes in translated content in XML format in a content management system.
- Coordinate native language translation reviews with BSC subject matter experts worldwide.
- Resolve project issues by working with team members, project customers, vendors, and others as appropriate.
- Project management experience
- Business proficiency with the MS Office suite
- Experience in the translation industry
- Bachelor’s degree plus 2-5 years related work experience in translation localization or equivalent
- Experience with medical device product labeling
- Experience with a Language Service Provider (LSP)
- Knowledge of a secondary language
- Experience with an XML-based content management system especially ArborText/Windchill.
- Experience with format checking, proofreading, or editing
- Experience in a medical device labelingStrong collaboration skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced envinronment
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and projects
- Attention to detail
- Ability to adapt and innovate in a changing environment
Requisition ID: 489399
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.