Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
About the role:
The Urology and Pelvic Health business unit provides proven, leading solutions to treat five common urology diseases, including kidney stones, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), erectile dysfunction (ED), male incontinence and pelvic floor disorders. These conditions account for 50 percent of all urology surgical procedures. Come join a growing, global division and become a member of a large and experienced regulatory team! https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/bsc-uroph/
Your responsibilities include:
Responsible for Regulatory Affairs support of EU Medical Device Regulations (MDR) submissions and on-going regulatory compliance for product development process and sustaining engineering projects.
• Reviews and collaborates with design, clinical, and manufacturing teams on responses to questions from EU regulatory bodies related to compliance to the EU Medical Device Regulation (MDR).
• Responsible for preparation and submission of US, EU and global regulatory applications, EU Post Market Surveillance Reporting submissions, SSCP, as well as internal regulatory file documentation.
• Acts as a core member providing regulatory feedback and guidance throughout the product and manufacturing process development cycle and coordinating team inputs, especially for MDR submissions.
• Reviews and approves design and manufacturing changes for cross franchise programs, ensuring compliance with applicable regulations.
• Trains to departmental and divisional policies and procedures.
• Fosters a work environment of continuous improvement in support of BSC’s Quality Policy, Quality System and the appropriate regulations for their area of responsibility.
• Supports efforts to improve collaboration, knowledge sharing, and best practices within the department and division.
What we’re looking for:
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
• Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Effective research and analytical skills
• Effective written and oral communication, technical writing and editing skills
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or technical discipline
• 1+ years of reg affairs experience
• General knowledge of FDA, EU MDR and international regulations
• General understanding of product development process and design control
• General knowledge of regulatory requirements for reusable and single use disposable devices
Requisition ID: 517783
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Please be advised that certain US based positions, including without limitation field sales and service positions that call on hospitals and/or health care centers, require acceptable proof of COVID-19 vaccination status. Candidates will be notified during the interview and selection process if the role(s) for which they have applied require proof of vaccination as a condition of employment. Boston Scientific continues to evaluate its policies and protocols regarding the COVID-19 vaccine and will comply with all applicable state and federal law and healthcare credentialing requirements. As employees of the Company, you will be expected to meet the ongoing requirements for your roles, including any new requirements, should the Company’s policies or protocols change with regard to COVID-19 vaccination.