Req Id: 305495
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell IT team uses emerging technologies, Agile and DevOps to design and build innovative solutions that enable Bell’s communications services for businesses and consumers. We’re looking for creative problem-solvers who are curious, collaborative and ready to be on the leading edge of technological transformation.
The Operations Technical and Systems Support (OTSS) team is a fast-paced team responsible for IT asset management and application support. The team manages Service Availability, Change, Problem, Incident Management, and Application Performance. Also within OTSS is the Corporate IT Solutions Team (CITS) responsible for the development and support of ERP solutions used across Bell IT and other business units.
The OTSS Business Intelligence (BI) team is looking for a specialist to deliver reports and dashboards for internal stakeholders across IT and other areas of the corporation and to help shape evolving BI tools and practices. The successful candidate will work closely with team members and external partners to implement core BI components, to design and deliver innovative data solutions, and to champion data-driven decision-making.
Job Duties and Accountabilities:
- Design and build reports and dashboards
- Gather, analyze, and document customer requests, issues, and requirements
- Optimize queries and identify opportunities for automation
- Investigate data quality issues and champion solutions to improve data accuracy
- Implement and integrate best practices for version control
- Contribute to data dictionary and data governance automation
- Support ad-hoc requests in a timely manner and propose/implement innovative solutions
- Work closely with Database architect and ETL developer to support data warehouse evolution
- Acquire and maintain a deep understanding of corporate inventory data, processes and systems.
- Bachelor’s degree OR equivalent work experience in Business Analytics, Information Systems, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics
- Hands-on experience with SQL (query optimization, indexing, stored procedures)
- Hands-on experience with other BI software (e.g. MicroStrategy, Tableau, Qlik, PowerBI) and languages (e.g Python, R)
- Experience gathering and documenting business requirements for data-driven decision-making
- Experience with Gitlab for version control
- Conceptual understanding of data warehouse and ETL technologies and basic principles of working with complex datasets
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills required to work well with internal customers and IT teams at all management levels
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and ability to multi-task with changing priorities
- Bilingualism an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
- Familiarity with ITIL framework
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Job Location: Verdun || Canada : New Brunswick : Fredericton || Canada : Newfoundland : St. John’s || Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Quebec City || Canada : Quebec : Verdun
Application Deadline: 08/11/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, QC, Verdun
Bell, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.