Apply early as this job may be removed or filled prior to the closing date, which is approximately seven (7) days after the posting date.
Job Location: Denver
Other Potential Locations: Denver, CO
Anticipated Start Date: 08/16/2021
Number of Positions: 1
Salary Range: $75,600
Who we are and what we do
Do you want to be a part of something that really matters? Team BNSF includes professionals focused on safety, service, and who take pride in delivering the nation’s freight. Together, we help move goods and materials that sustain life and support local, national and global economies. The BNSF rail network is one of the largest freight railroads, spanning 28 western states and serving three Canadian provinces.
What we believe
At BNSF, our Vision and Values drive who we are, not only in our words, but also our actions. BNSF is committed to our foundational values of equality and inclusion. As members of the BNSF community, our employees are entitled to:
- be treated with dignity and respect.
- have equal access to tools, resources, training and development opportunities.
- have equal opportunity to achieve their full potential.
We model the way through our leadership, our BNSF Diversity Councils, our diverse Business Resource Groups, our deep involvement and investment in the communities we serve, and through diversity and inclusion training programs. It’s through our actions that we create an inclusive, open and collaborative workplace that truly encourages diverse perspectives in all interactions.
- Protects and safeguards company assets and resources including personnel, property and customer’s property entrusted to the company.
- Conduct proficient, sensitive corporate and criminal investigations, provide accurate, detailed reports and provide court testimony when required.
- Identify and properly handle trespassers on Company property and make arrests as appropriate.
- Counsels and advises company officials to reduce crime and accidents and improve security; coordinates response to railroad emergencies; supervises contract security guards and trains other employees on relevant matters.
- Perform aggressive crime prevention patrol of facilities, railroad property and trains, with special emphasis on TOFC/COFC, automobiles, and high value shipments.
- Perform other duties as assigned
• High School diploma or GED
• Must have satisfactorily completed basic police training at a recognized state certified academy
• Must meet peace officer commissioning standards in state in which this job is posted and be commissioned as such and maintain a valid State Peace Office License in that state.
• Must meet BNSF Resource Protection Solutions Team standards as a Special Agent
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Must be willing and able to travel as required
• Must be able and willing to use the company’s computer system for creating reports and databases
• Must be physically and psychologically fit, able to successfully pass any required company evaluations and pass an extensive background investigation
• Must successfully complete any required company training for this position
• Must have broad knowledge of railroad industry and operations; particularly as it relates to handling emergency situations such as derailments, load securement, and like events
• Must have a broad knowledge of criminal law and procedures
• Must be able to successfully lead people, often in a stressful critical-event environment
• Must be able to meet any government or Company training and retention standards
• Must live or be willing to relocate within 50 miles of the assigned work location
• Eighteen months of successful experience as a full time peace officer with a city, county, state federal or railroad law enforcement agency required
BNSF offers competitive benefit programs and services including, but not limited to
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- 401(k) Plan
- Railroad Retirement
- Life Insurance
- Incentive Compensation Plan (ICP)
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
BNSF Railway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BNSF considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION ELEMENTS
- Criminal history
- Last 7 years of driving history
- Last 5 years of employment history to include military service
- Social Security number
- Medical evaluation
- Drug Screen
- Other elements as needed
SF: MO | [[mfield5]] | Operations – Resource Protection | Denver, CO | 80216