CulinArt Group operates over 250 onsite corporate, higher education, private school, healthcare and destination recreation/leisure dining facilities in 18 states, including cafés, coffee bars, concessions, executive dining, catering and conference dining, social catering/special events, office coffee service and vending. CulinArt’s extremely diverse client portfolio affords great opportunities for career advancement within the company, across multiple industry segments and geographic regions.
The SOUS CHEF will help the Executive Chef prepare and cook foods. The SOUS CHEF will also help to coordinate activities of cooks and other food-service associates. Assumes responsibility for kitchen and food-service associates in the absence of Executive Chef.
This position is located at the St. Joseph Villa Senior Community Center located in Flourtown, PA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cook and prepare food following approved recipes and production standards. Ensure all deadlines are met based on production orders.
- Supervise hourly food service associates. This includes interviewing, scheduling, payroll, training, counseling, participating in reviews and recommending disciplinary action, as appropriate.
- Store food in designated areas following all corporate and provincial food safety and sanitation procedures.
- Ensure proper food handling, presentation, portion control and maintenance of appropriate serving temperatures.
- Maintain sanitation of equipment, supplies and utensils. Clean workstation thoroughly before leaving area. Keep display equipment clean and free of debris during meal service to comply with all sanitation, safety, production and merchandising requirements.
- Interact with customers to resolve complaints in a friendly, service-oriented manner. Relay relevant information directly to supervisor.
- Demonstrate complete understanding of daily menu items and accurately explain thee to associates and customers.
- Keep up with peak production and service hours.
- Monitor inventory and deliveries of product and supplies. Track product production, consumption and waste. Inform supervisor when supplies or products are low.
Think you have what it takes to be one of our Sous Chefs? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role:
- Four years of related culinary supervisory experience in a fast-paced production-oriented environment.
- FoodSafe Level 1 Certification.
- Post-secondary education in culinary or related studies.
- Strong background in banquet and catering functions with high-volume production.
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls and presentation.
- Basic supervisory skills, capable of motivating, leading and developing associates.
- Hard-working team player with ability to prioritize effectively.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
Apply to CulinArt today!
CulinArt is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story!
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at CulinArt are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 842010
NANCY M TEIXEIRA