Community Name: 5786 SUGAR VALLEY ESTATES LOVELAND CO
Working for Holiday Retirement
Holiday Retirement helps older people live better, and we accomplish this by following these principles:
- Older people are vibrant and deserve the best experience.
- We promote independence and create choice to do your thing.
- We appreciate and respect our residents, families, associates, and guests.
- We believe in life-long learning, growth, and staying connected.
If you have a passion for making a difference in the lives of older people, we’d love to talk to you.
In the role of Sous Chef and member of the Dining Services team, you will be responsible to prepare nutritious, appetizing, and attractive meals for our residents and ensure a smooth, efficient and safe operation of the kitchen.
- Review menus and food-production instructions and prepare meals following Holiday menus and recipes while ensuring portion-control standards.
- Oversee preparation and set-up of service to serve nutritious food, attractively garnished in a punctual manner.
- Follow food safe handling procedures in preparation as well as proper procedures for covering, labeling, dating, and storing food.
- Accurately complete logs in a timely manner i.e., refrigerator, freezer and production sheets
- Follow Holiday sanitation standards by effectively cleaning while working, including preparation and serving areas, pots and pans, kitchen surfaces, walls, and floors, using appropriate cleaning schedules and charts.
- In absence of the Executive Chef, oversee the food service staff and overall kitchen operations.
- Focus on resident satisfaction and resolve any food-compliant issues as needed.
- Perform administrative duties including menu planning, ordering, receiving, invoice processing, inventory, end-of-month report, staffing and payroll if needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in industry or full-service restaurant cooking
- Effective communication in English and excellent customer service skills
- Experience mentoring and directing others
- Ability to prepare and follow recipes
- General knowledge of and ability to conform to sanitation and safe food handling practices
- Basic Computer skills
For 50 years, Holiday has been in the business of helping older adults live better, age more successfully and stay independent for as long as possible. Today, over 30,000 older adults in over 260 communities across 43 states call a Holiday community home: and our employees agree. Beginning in early 2018, and every year since, Holiday has been certified a great workplace by Great Place to Work Institute(R), an honor that was also extended to 221 of its communities in 2020. Helping older people live better is a tremendous privilege and we would love to share more about our mission with you.
Holiday Retirement is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Req ID: 90348