Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Solutions Consultant Enhances existing customer relationships by building new relationships as part of the account team to senior executives and having the ability to understand the dynamic and interdependency between a client’s strategy and technology. This role will then rationalize that to cross sell and upsell solutions based on Lumen capability and consultatively makes these recommendations
The Main Responsibilities
This role is more of a collaborative, thought leader member of the account team supporting a VP region and adding solutioning capability and expertise to drive cross sell upsell sales and penetration, taking share. This is a complex skill set – an experienced mix of sales, sales leadership and sales support (passion to help the team succeed), business, technology (broad needs, vendor and client) and mature solutioning understanding that is practical experience / aligned to Lumen product strategy and direction.
- Grow Market Share – Average 4 – 8% share per customer/ Grow Revenue 10+%
- Increase Penetration – Clients view Lumen very positively, looking for alternatives.
- Increase Margin
- Mitigate Erosion Risk thru adding on services and lower attrition risk; increase client stickiness.
- Development of Sales Reps and SEs to become a more strategic solutions oriented sales force.
- Develop with the sales leader the sales strategy and ensures the execution of the sales strategy. Act as the owner to pull together the pursuit team and then decide on the components of an offer and how they are to be positioned commercially.
- RFP assistance, the role is responsible for ensuring solution elements are all defined and accounted for; owning the commercial deal/ offer structure of the solution; documenting and articulating the value proposition that aligns to the business needs gained from the relationship building.
- Represent Lumen during contract negotiations as well as secure commitment within Level 3 to the deliverables and commercial proposition being negotiated.
- Maintain continuity with the customer throughout the life of the contract in case major additions or changes to the contract vehicle are required. Assists in run state to identify areas for optimization, which represent add on opportunity. Plus demonstrate that the key contractual commitments have been delivered to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Through all of this, this role helps provide transformation for Lumen of opportunity life cycle management process, broad market and competitive best practices to win and organizational development.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Sales strategy development and execution
- Financial commercial model, offer strategy, financial analysis, deal creativity
- Negotiation around special terms, ie SLAs and conditions
- Broad understanding of customer engagement lifecycle – ability to support various types of engagements – complex/ strategic, nonstandard and custom
- ITIL understanding
- Hybrid IT and support of engagements across Hybrid IT towers
- Demonstrable experience in large, complex engagements of large, multinational companies and understands the space
Requisition #: 253602
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.