Alvaria employs a team of passionate individuals who are changing the face of customer engagement. Over our 40-year history we have empowered employees by creating an inspired community that values Urgency, Accountability & Results. Our ability to think big has enabled us to continually evolve and lead the market, and to stay on the forefront with exciting technologies including cloud, mobile and artificial intelligence.
The Solution Deployment Engineer (SDE) is part of the Global Cloud Operations Engineering Team. The SDE ensures delivery of complex solutions and sustaining operational activities. We are looking for a new team member to join us in architecting, delivering, and owning all technical aspects of a solution delivery for our Global Cloud (AWS/Azure) and Hosted customers in support of feature enhancements and new products.
This position plays a key technical role in the architectural, integration, deployment, version upgrade, migration, operational support processes, as well as technical initiatives for both new and existing clients.
• Lead technical engagements and execute tasks for deployments, version upgrades, and migration activities for Cloud and Hosted products and platforms.
• Represent Cloud Operations as a Subject Matter Expert during the delivery of Projects and technical initiatives in an agile methodology.
• Serve as subject matter expert on all Alvaria Cloud technologies in regard to Infrastructure, Networking, and Telephony with flexible work hours due to implementations during customer’s off peak hours
• Engage in tactical & strategic initiatives that support customer deployments, projects, and requests.
• Serve as a technical consultant throughout the client implementation to assist groups outside of Cloud Operations in the following areas with regards to Implementations:
o Cloud Technologies (AWS) & Datacenter Architectures
o Networking Technologies including MPLS/VPN/SD-WAN
o Voice Technologies including SIP/VoIP/IVR/ASR/TTS/SBCs
o Infrastructure Technologies including Physical Systems, Storage, & Virtualization
o Authentication/File Transfer/Database Technologies
o Technical Support & Troubleshooting
o Systems Administration & Integrations
• Participate in client facing correspondence and communications on a regular basis with regards to technical discovery, informational discussions, troubleshooting sessions, and other requests as needed.
• Take full ownership of the solution delivery process in order to ensure an efficient and effective progression from the start of a Project to Go-Live.
• Works cross-functionally with Engineering, Support, Professional Services, Product Management, and Security to deliver on Projects & Initiatives.
• Facilitate collaboration between internal and external stakeholders to resolve technical issues in real-time by engaging relevant teams and leading them through applicable processes.
• Lead and/or participate in internal projects that help scale the organization, implement best practices, realize process improvement, and produce documentation.
• Support internal stakeholders as part of the Solutions Assurance (SA Review) Process and other pre-sales activities.
• Support internal Alvaria Programs as the representatives from Cloud Operations.
• Ability to learn new technologies while remaining dynamic/flexible in a fast paced, changing environment.
• Strong Ability to take ownership, solve problems independently, and facilitate the collaboration required to deliver on tasks as necessary.
• Place a high value on integrity, teamwork, and operational excellence.
• Education – Bachelor’s Degree in an area that supports critical thinking, operations/project management, strategic planning, computer science, and/or information technology.
• Preferred 3-5 years of experience in the information technology field in a client facing role supporting the technical elements of enterprise solutions.
• Must have previous experience in one or more of the following areas: Systems Administration, Technical Support, Networking, Systems Infrastructure, Project/Operations Management, Cloud Environments, or Systems Security.
Alvaria is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people, including women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans or any other legally protected group.