The Release/Process Coordinator is responsible for owning the planning and coordination of all phases and activities involved in the release of a system or system update into the production environment. In addition, the Coordinator confirms the release deployment plan is followed and that all release deliverables have been completed in line with the release dates and deadlines.
You will facilitate release meetings and develop the release recommendation and release deployment plan based on input from multiple stakeholders within various portfolio teams. Additionally, you will identify priorities, conflicts, dependencies, and risks for the release. Release notes, approvals, communications, contact lists and pre and post-release verification activities are also managed by the Coordinator.
Duties & Responsibilities may include but not limited:
- The Process/ Release Coordinator must assure the IT process achieves its goals. Processes have predefined triggers and based on these inputs and triggers, a process must follow a set of activities so that the planned output can be received in the end. The Process/Release Coordinator, partnering with a leader, must ensure that the process meets the requirements and goals for an IT process.
- Define release and deployment plans with customers and stakeholders.
- Record and maintain all documents and materials about the process.
- Record and manage deviations, risks and issues related to new or changed services and take necessary corrective action.
- Regularly conducts audits and reviews to be sure that staff are competent in their roles and responsibilities.
- Define KPI’s for the process. These KPI’s must be measured and reviewed to check whether the process operates as planned. With a leader, create, prepare and implement plans to improve the process performance over time.
- Ensure release packages can be tracked, installed, tested, verified and/or uninstalled or backed out if appropriate.
- Ensure there is knowledge transfer to enable the customers and users to optimize their use of the service to support operational activities.
Education: High school degree required. Associates/Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, healthcare, business or equivalent experience required. Master’s degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum of five years of related experience is required. Advanced knowledge of office automation software (word processing, spreadsheets, email and presentation software) required.
Licensure, certification, and/or registration: Maintain application vendor certifications as needed. ITIL V3 Foundation Certification required. Valid VA driver’s license. PMP preferred.
Other Minimum Qualifications:
- Must be a self-initiated team player that can work under little supervision, with strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work both independently and in a team setting and serve as a mentor to others in the department.
- Must be capable of prioritizing multiple projects and meeting deadlines.
- Effective oral and written communication, presentation and problem solving skills required.
- Will require on-call for coverage.
- Primary business hours Monday-Friday with weekend, holiday and on call coverage as needed.
- Occasional overnight travel required.
Below are our core values that we strive to embody and expect of all our team members:
Collaboration: Working together with purpose to achieve shared goals.
Commitment: Unwavering in our quest for exceptional quality and service.
Compassion: Putting heart into everything we do.
Courage: Doing what’s right for our patients without question.
Curiosity: Fostering creativity and innovation in our pursuit of excellence.
Requisition Number: 80259
Employment Status: Full time
Location: Technology Services Group
Shift Details: 8a – 5p
Recruiter: MARK A MISKOVIC
Recruiter Email: email@example.com
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
This is Carilion Clinic …
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.