Requisition ID: 51201
Job Category: Information Technology
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
We are looking for a Software Quality Assurance Specialist to add to our dynamic team. This is an excellent career opportunity for a creative individual who strives to deliver superior technology solutions to external and internal clients. At Hatch you will work in a team setting around the globe and be based in Mississauga, Ontario. We are in search of a task oriented, self-starter who is confident and has exceptional communication and analytical skills. You will be a person who thrives in an open world environment, but knows how to find a balance with guidelines. You are also a person that can work around flexible working hours as we are bound working with people in various time zones.
Hatch is all about challenge. We challenge our clients with innovative ideas that help them take their business to higher levels. We challenge our employees to take on responsibilities and take initiative regardless of position title or job description.
Our Hatch Digital team offers a wide range of technology related services and solutions that support our global Hatch network and our client solutions. In this role, you will be a part of the Systems Development group. You will be responsible for developing and executing automation tests, in addition to planning and executing effective and efficient automating testing in order to provide on-time, effective and efficient delivery of high-quality software solutions across different platforms.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Be responsible for the analysis of functional business and system requirements to develop test scenarios and test conditions (interface and back end systems and applications)
- Consult development and functional analysts in the creation and execution of test plans to ensure that new and revised systems meet defined user needs
- Develop and execute manual and automated testing plans for software applications to successfully and consistently enable delivery of high quality standards
- Execute test plans using standard testing methods, tools and objectives. Document test plan results and report testing activity status to team lead
- Assist with creating documentation such as test plan management, use case, test scenarios. Evaluate, test and troubleshoot software repeatedly in order to detect errors, bugs and recommend bug fixes
- Work with Agile teams of developers, analysts, QA staff and business stakeholders to plan and execute automated tests
- Identify opportunities to apply existing automation or other tools to meet testing needs
- Research and remain abreast on quality standards and best practices relevant to current and future initiatives and development work
- Recommend and support development of implementation of process improvements to increase effectiveness and efficiency of Quality Assurance controls
- Be involved with all technical activities within the Agile teams such as estimating, sprint planning, software development life cycle activities, testing, research, deployments and documentation creation
- Emphasize the collaboration and communication of both the development teams and IT to automate the process of software delivery
- Work well in a team environment with shared code; disciplined use of source control and process documentation.
You bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education, training or work experience
- Demonstrated strong troubleshooting, analytical, technical problem-solving skills
- High attention to details, motivation and commitment to a culture of quality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate with different levels of stakeholders from different parts of the world
- Ability to report software problems (bugs, defects) in clear written form with reproducible steps
- Demonstrated ability to learn and quickly comprehend new concepts and technologies
- Understanding of all aspects of software development and implementation
- Ability to work in an Agile environment and support team members towards ensuring a quality outcome
- Willing to be flexible with working hours when need to be considerate global team members and even travel when required.
- 5+ years’ experience working as a Quality Assurance specialist working in a team environment.
- 2 – 3 years of programming experience with object-oriented languages (Visual Studio, C#, Java, VB; HTML knowledge)
- Experience and knowledge with MS SQL and database structure
- Automated testing scripting and load / performance testing
- Experience in the following technologies desirable:
- REST API testing using Postman or SoapUI
- Azure Storage, Active Directory, Service Bus, Cosmos DB, Function Apps testing
- Responsive Design, Mobile App Testing
- DevOps Test Professional
- Selenium + Java
- Visual Studio Professional
- Experience with Agile methodologies and working in teams
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.