Job ID: 125773
Required Travel :Minimal
Managerial – No
Location: India- Pune (Amdocs Site)
Who are we?
Every day, billions of transactions, calls and messages that hold the world’s communications fabric together run on systems that Amdocs has helped create.
Because we work with some of the largest and most innovative companies on the planet, our work makes an impact. Over the past four decades, we have continually reinvented ourselves, and as we keep moving into exciting new areas such as media, gaming, IoT, 5G, cloud services and more, there are always opportunities for us to grow and develop. We will nurture your entrepreneurial instincts with open doors and promote your ability to seize the day. Our company comprises amazing people, a supportive atmosphere and a culture built on mutual support, respect and a “feel good factor” that can only happen in a workplace built by the kind of people Amdocs employs.
Make your career journey with us.
In one sentence
Responsible for Leading and mentoring a small development team within a specific task or project, side by side with hands-on development.
What will your job look like?
- You will provide technical leadership to software engineers by coaching and mentoring throughout end-to-end software development, maintenance, and lifecycle to achieve project goals to the required level of quality; promote team engagement and motivation.
- Provide recommendations to the software engineering manager for estimates, resource needs, breakthroughs and risks; ensure effective delegation, supervising tasks, identifying risks and handling mitigation and critical issues.
- Hands-on technical and functional mentorship to design, maintenance, build, integration and testing of sophisticated software components according to functional and technical design specifications; Follow software development methodologies and release processes
- You will analyze and report the requirements and provide impact assessment for new features or bug fixes. Make high-level design and establishes technical standards.
- You will represent and lead discussions related to product/ application/ modules/ team and build relationships with internal customers/partners
- You will implement quality processes (such as performing technical root cause analysis and outlining corrective action for given problems), measure them and takes corrective actions in case of variances and ensure all the project agreed work are completed to the required level of quality.
All you need is…
- Bachelor’s degree in Science/IT/Computing or equivalent
• 6+ years of experience on C/Scripting/Oracle as Developer
• 1+ year of experience in leading tasks and/or mentoring engineers
• Thorough understanding of software development and/or support methodologies, principles and procedures and related software management tools
• Experience working with Scrum
• Knowledge on Amdocs Ensemble will be an added advantage
Why you will love this job:
- You will be challenged with leading and mentoring a small development team and h owning the technical aspects of the project
- You will have the opportunity to work in a growing organization, with ever growing opportunities for personal growth
- You will have the opportunity to work with the industry most sophisticated technologies!
- We offer a wide range of stellar benefits including health, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as paid time off, sick time, and parental leave!
Amdocs is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce