Job ID: 126701
Required Travel :No Travel
Managerial – No
Location: :MEXICO- GUADALAJARA (Amdocs Site)
Who are we?
If you’re a smartphone user then you are part of an ever more connected and digital world. At Amdocs, we are leading the digital revolution into the future. From virtualized telecommunications networks, Big Data and Internet of Things to mobile financial services, billing and operational support systems, we are continually evolving our business to help you become more connected. We make sure that when you watch a video on YouTube, message friends on Snapchat or send your images on Instagram, you get great service anytime, anywhere, and on any device. We are at the heart of the telecommunications industry working with giants such as AT&T, Vodafone, Telstra and Telefonica, helping them create an amazing new world for you where technology is being used in amazing new ways every single day.
In one sentence
Responsible for providing best-in-class technical support to a global customer base.
Maintains ownership of the resolution of complex technical problems, including debugging, simulations, identifying bugs, tool and script development for problem diagnosis, troubleshooting and reproduction.
What will your job look like?
• You will provide engineering expertise to troubleshoot, modify and engineer software solutions and configurations to ensure the product/solution performs within optimal design specifications.
• You will investigate, debug and reproduce issues, provide fixes and workarounds and verify changes to ensure continued operability of the software solution.
• You will demonstrate continuous improvements and increased efficiency to the software or business processes utilizing Software Engineering tools, innovative techniques and the reuse of existing solutions.
• You will contribute to meeting the SLAs and KPIs as applicable for the account and unit – for example, responsiveness, resolution, software quality, etc.
• You will communicate with internal/external customers to enhance the understanding of customer problems, and verify that an appropriate resolution has been applied.
All you need is…
- Bachelor’s degree in Science/IT/Computer Science or equivalent
- Hadoop ecosystem experience 5+ years
- Strong knowledge of Linux systems (RHEL/CentOS/OEL 6.x or 7.x) 6+ Years
- Fluent in at least one scripting language (Shell/Perl/Python/Java/etc.) 3+ Years
- Solid hands-on experience with TWS or any other similar scheduler.
- Solid troubleshooting abilities and able to work with a team to investigate production issues 6+ years.
- Flexible with timing, shift can be from 8AM-5PM or 12PM-8PM. Willing to work on shifts on weekends every 4 weeks
- Streams (Kafka, Storm), or Hortonworks HDP, or Puppets/Chef – is a Big Plus
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Team oriented individual who can work well with others
Why you will love this job:
- The chance to serve as a specialist in software and technology.
- You will take an active role in technical mentoring within the team.
- We provide stellar benefits from health to dental to paid time off and parental leave!
Amdocs is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce