Job ID: 128802
Required Travel :Minimal
Managerial – Yes
Location: India- Pune (Amdocs Site)
Who are we?
At Amdocs, our purpose is to enrich lives and progress society. With our creativity and technology, we help make a better connected world. Amdocs and its 25,000 employees serve the leading players in the communications and media industry, enabling next-generation experiences in 85 countries. Our cloud-native, open and dynamic portfolio of digital solutions, platforms and services brings greater choice, faster time to market and flexibility, to better meet the evolving needs of our customers as they drive growth, transform and take their business to the cloud. Listed on the NASDAQ Global Select Market, Amdocs had revenue of $4.1 billion in fiscal 2019. For more information, visit Amdocs at http://www.amdocs.com
In one sentence
Manage and lead design, development, and maintenance projects, to meet their Scope, Quality, Time, and Budget. Responsible for Team and People management
What will your job look like?
Hands-on people manager of the company IT Data Platform Development team, a team of Data Engineers, Data Ops and Data Admins
· Manages the Development and the Operations of Data Platform services, containing: Hortonworks Hadoop Data Lake, Tibco Data Virtualization, Informatica BDM and Informatica Data Catalog.
· Manages the team and their day to day activities.
· Team technical authority.
· Collaborates with professionals of multi discipline and nationality: Business Analysts, Project Managers, Infra, System, Information Security, End users etc.
All you need is…
- People management experience
- Customer facing experience
- Superb communication and collaboration skills
- Independent and Self-learning attitude
- 7+ years of relevant technical background.
Strong Experience with
- Hadoop platform (Ambari etc.)
- Kafka message queuing technologies
- Apache Nifi Stream Data Integration
- RESTful APIs and open systems.
- Object-oriented/Object function scripting using languages such as R, Python, Scala, or similar.
- Informatica BDM or other Big Data ETL tool
- SQL, Unix & advanced Unix Shell Scripting.
- Knowledge of handling xml, json, structured, fixed-width, un-structured files using custom Pig/Hive.
- Knowledge of any cloud technology (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Design, build and manage data pipelines solutions.
Why you will love this job:
- You will be challenged with leading and mentoring a few development teams & projects
- You will join a strong team with lots of activities, technologies, business challenges and a progression path
- You will have the opportunity to work with the industry most advanced technologies
Amdocs is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce