EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
We are seeking a highly-motivated Software Engineer who will become part of the EBSCO software development team. You will play an integral role on a team responsible for the architecture, design, development, testing, and delivery of internal products used by the sales and order processing teams within EBSCO. Your work will contribute to the growth of EBSCO by providing top notch software for the internal business systems teams and you will be able to make significant technical and business impact.
- Collaborate with product management and your team while analyzing and decomposing complex software features into simpler stories for planning and execution
- Collaborate with your team to manage and estimate the size and complexity of the features/stories and commit to what can be accomplished in an iteration
- Contribute to technical design, and implementation/development of well engineered solutions
- Contribute to creation and implementation of test plans, test cases, and automated tests to ensure adequate coverage based on requirements
- Demonstrate ownership of developed components from development through production
- Contribute to software engineering best practices for design, coding standards, performance, test automation, security, delivery, maintainability, and culture
- Contribute to the ongoing efforts to continuously improve the quality of the team’s deliverables
- 3+ years’ experience with object-oriented design/development principles
- 3+ years’ experience with Enterprise Java components including Spring, Hibernate, JDBC, XML
- 3+ years’ experience with writing technical documents/specifications and comfortable documenting functionality/applications as required to benefit dev and QA teams
- Working knowledge of Test Driven Development (TDD) and Automated testing
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
Role based competencies:
- Demonstrated ability to work on a project with sound technical and design skills
- Demonstrated communication and problem solving skills, including an ability to look forward and anticipate issues and assess risk
- Desire to contribute to efforts beyond the scope of the day-to-day project work
- Advocate of unit testing, automation, and test-driven development
- Positive Attitude
- Good Judgement
- Open Communication
- Desire to Make an Impact
- Eager to Understand
- Team Player
- 2+ years’ experience with relational database design and development; strong SQL skills
- 1+ years’ experience with ReactJS
- Basic Linux system admin experience
- Detailed understanding of Agile software engineering principles and methodologies
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.