Primary Skill : [[reqPrimarySkill]]
Secondary Skill : [[reqSecondarySkill]]
Other Skills : [[reqOtherSkills]]
Organizational Level 1 : Amdocs Services
Organizational Level 2 : Global Delivery
Manager : Priya Agrawal
Location: India- Pune (Amdocs Site)
Talent Acquisition: [[recruiterName]]
Required Travel : Minimal
Open to Relocation : Relocation – No
Referral Bonus Reward Amount* : ₹25,000.00
* In case this job is open for Amdocs employees only “Refer Friend to Job” option is disabled
Who are we?
If you’re a smartphone user then you are part of an ever more connected and digital world. At Amdocs, we are leading the digital revolution into the future. From virtualized telecommunications networks, Big Data and Internet of Things to mobile financial services, billing and operational support systems, we are continually evolving our business to help you become more connected. We make sure that when you watch a video on YouTube, message friends on Snapchat or send your images on Instagram, you get great service anytime, anywhere, and on any device. We are at the heart of the telecommunications industry working with giants such as AT&T, Vodafone, Telstra and Telefonica, helping them create an amazing new world for you where technology is being used in amazing new ways every single day.
In one sentence
Responsible for design, development, modification, debug and/or maintenance of software systems
What will your job look like?
• You will design, develop, modify, debug and/or maintain software code according to functional, non-functional and technical design specifications.
• You will follow Amdocs software engineering standards, applicable software development methodology and release processes, to ensure code is maintainable, scalable, and supportable, and demo the software products to stakeholders.
• You will investigate issues by reviewing/debugging code, provide fixes and workarounds, and review changes for operability to maintain existing software solutions.
• You will work within a team, collaborate and add value through participation in peer code reviews, provide comments and suggestions, and work with cross functional teams to achieve goals.
• You will assume technical accountability for your specific work products within an application and provide technical support during solution design for new requirements.
• You will be encouraged to actively look for innovation, continuous improvement, and efficiency in all assigned tasks.
All you need is…
- At least 1.5 years and up to 5 years of experience in SW Engineering role.
- Strong programming background esp in python and python Django framework
- Strong experience in automated testing tools like pytest and mocking tools like pytest-mock
- Working experience in relational databases.
- Working experience with version control tools like Git and Bitbucket.
- Willingness to use visualation tools like powerBI or metabase to represent data graphically
- Knowledge of software best practices like Refactoring and Clean Code.
- Exposure to Agile/Scrum and TDD
- Experience with Continuous Integration(Jenkins), Continuous Deployment, Static Code Analysis (SonarQube)
- Engineering – Designs at user story level, develops, modifies, debugs and/or maintains software code according to functional, non-functional and technical design specifications. Follows software engineering standards, applicable software development methodology (such as DevOps) and release processes. Ensures code is well designed, testable, maintainable, scalable and supportable. Develops software verification plans and automation and integrates software components into a fully functional software system. Promotes system reliability and operability. Provides demos of software products to stakeholders.
- 2. Investigation – Investigates issues by reviewing/debugging code, provides fixes (analyze and fix bugs) and workarounds, reviews changes for operability to maintain existing software solutions.
- 3. Team Work, Collaboration and Empowerment – Performs peer code inspection, reviews developed solutions, and provides relevant feedback, makes decisions together quickly and effectively and works with cross functional teams to achieve goals. Work as technical interface with other teams to resolve issues related to interfacing functionalities.
- 4. Technical Ownership – Assumes technical accountability for his/her specific work products within an application and provides technical support during solution design for new requirements. Ensures that documentation related to specific modules/applications is correct and up to date.
- 5. Innovation and Continuous Improvement – Actively searches for innovation, continuous improvement and efficiency in all assigned tasks.
- 6. Quality and SLAs – Contribute to meet various SLAs and KPIs as applicable, for example, Responsiveness, Resolution, Software Quality SLAs, etc. Ensures assigned tasks are completed on time and delivery timelines are met in accordance with quality targets of the organization.
- 7. Onboarding and Knowledge Sharing – Onboard new hires and train them on technology and practices. Shares knowledge with team members.
Why you will love this job:
• You will be challenged to design and develop new software applications.
• You will have the opportunity to work in a growing organization, with ever growing opportunities for personal growth.
Amdocs is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce