Job ID: 111707
Required Travel :Minimal
Managerial – No
Location: :Canada- Toronto (Amdocs Site)
Who are we?
If you’re a smartphone user then you are part of an ever more connected and digital world. At Amdocs, we are leading the digital revolution into the future. From virtualized telecommunications networks, Big Data and Internet of Things to mobile financial services, billing and operational support systems, we are continually evolving our business to help you become more connected. We make sure that when you watch a video on YouTube, message friends on Snapchat or send your images on Instagram, you get great service anytime, anywhere, and on any device. We are at the heart of the telecommunications industry working with giants such as AT&T, Vodafone, Telstra and Telefonica, helping them create an amazing new world for you where technology is being used in amazing new ways every single day.
In one sentence
Designs, develops, modifies, debugs and/or maintains software systems. Works independently on one or more specific Microservices within a large software system scope and can tackle more complex tasks and is proficient in the expected competencies and knowledge.
What will your job look like?
- Engineering – Designs at user story level, develops, modifies, debugs and/or maintain software code according to functional, non-functional and technical design specifications. Follows software engineering standards, applicable software development methodology (such as DevOps) and release processes. Ensures code is well designed, testable, maintainable, scalable and supportable. Develops software verification plans and automation and integrates software components into a fully functional software system. Promotes system reliability and operability. Provides demos of software products to stakeholders.
- Investigation – Investigates issues by reviewing/debugging code, provides fixes (analyze and fix bugs) and workarounds, reviews changes for operability to maintain existing software solutions.
- Team Work, Collaboration and Empowerment – Performs peer code inspection, reviews developed solutions, and provides relevant feedback, makes decisions together quickly and effectively and works with cross functional teams to achieve goals. Work as technical interface with other teams to resolve issues related to interfacing functionalities.
- Technical Ownership – Assumes technical accountability for his/her specific work products within an application and provides technical support during solution design for new requirements. Ensures that documentation related to specific modules/applications is correct and up to date.
- Innovation and Continuous Improvement – Actively searches for innovation, continuous improvement and efficiency in all assigned tasks.
- Quality and SLAs – Contribute to meet various SLAs and KPIs as applicable, for example, Responsiveness, Resolution, Software Quality SLAs, etc. Ensures assigned tasks are completed on time and delivery timelines are met in accordance with quality targets of the organization.
- Onboarding and Knowledge Sharing – Onboard new hires and train them on technology and practices. Shares knowledge with team members.
All you need is…
- At least 3 – 6 years of experience in SW Engineering role.
- Hands-on experience in developing and delivering projects on Microservices. Exposure to cloud and containerization.
- Strong Java and J2EE background. Working experience in REST and web application framework like Spring Boot.
- Working experience with version control tools like Git and Bitbucket.
- Exposure to Agile/Scrum and TDD
NICE TO HAVE:
- Strong experience in Unit Testing using tools like Junit & TestNG, and mocking tools like Mockito/Power mock.
- Working experience in NoSQL databases OR message queue such as ActiveMQ, Kafka or RabbitMQ.
- Experience with Continuous Integration (Jenkins), Continuous Deployment, Static Code Analysis (SonarQube).
Why you will love this job:
• You will be challenged to design and develop new software applications.
• You will have the opportunity to work in a growing organization, with ever growing opportunities for personal growth.
Amdocs is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce