Requisition Number: 43529
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Our Optical Communications segment has recently evolved from being a manufacturer of optical fiber and cable, hardware and equipment to being a comprehensive provider of industry-leading optical solutions across the broader communications industry.This segment is classified into two main product groupings – carrier network and enterprise network. The carrier network product group consists primarily of products and solutions for optical-based communications infrastructure for services such as video, data and voice communications. The enterprise network product group consists primarily of optical-based communication networks sold to businesses, governments and individuals for their own use.
Scope of Position:
Corning is seeking a software developer (early to mid-career) who will be responsible for developing IP network software for our wireless products. Your responsibilities will include design and development of new features and support for existing platforms.
- Develop data plane & control networking software for IPv4, IPv6, IPSec, IKEv2, QoS
- Develop software for PKI, X509, certificate management
- Work with QA to help ensure a high-quality product
- Multithreaded IPC using TCP/UDP sockets
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 5 to 10 years of experience with IP, IPv6 and IPSec, VLANs, ACLs
- Experience developing IP control plane or IP data plane software
- Excellent hands-on Linux networking experience
- Experience with C and C++ language programming
- Experience with scripting languages
- Ability to debug networking software issue using appropriate tools
- Ability to design, document, and implement software features in embedded networking products.
- Proactive problem solver with attention to detail and methodical approach to software engineering.
- Must be driven, extremely result oriented, and capable of delivering quality products.
- Digital certificate management
- Cyber-security: IPsec/PKI/Secure-boot
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.