Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Software Developer II will partner in an agile team environment to design, develop, code, test and debug software or enhancements to existing software that support our Billing Applications. Develop solutions across many disciplines and be responsible for explaining solutions and procedures. Apply principles, theories and concepts and use methodologies, tools, documentation processes and test procedures to complete projects
The Main Responsibilities
- Partner in an Agile Scrum team environment to be able to design, develop, code, test, debug and support in production new software or enhancements to existing software
- Work closely with the team to build technical solutions that meet business and technical requirements
- Collaborate with developers in a fast-moving agile team to define and implement effective and efficient automated tests
- Documents own work to promote transparency and reuse
- Build unit tests, debug integration issues and deploy emergency patches as needed
- Build production-quality enterprise-grade systems that achieve target SLAs for scalability, reliability, and performance on schedule
- Prioritize and handle multiple concurrent projects and efforts
- Accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; making clear, specific commitments to deliver results
What We Look For in a Candidate
- 2 – 4+ years of professional experience with Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and experience
- Working knowledge of software development methodologies, standards and coding best practices
- Experience with Applications including but not limited to: Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project, Microsoft SharePoint
- Experience with various development languages including but not limited to: C#, SQL
- Experience with various database management packages including but not limited to: MSSQL, Oracle
- Experience with data structuring tools including but not limited to: XSD, XML, JSON
- Experience with code versioning tools including but not limited to: TFS, Git, SVN
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- Highly motivated, organized, reliable and detail oriented
- Quick learner and not afraid to work with new technology
- Strong problem-solving, time management, written and verbal communication skills
Requisition #: 271092
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.