Requisition ID: 45148
Job Category: Information Technology
Location: Gurugram, Haryana, India
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we see challenges evolving in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff, with experience in over 150 countries, to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
We’re at the forefront of our clients’ digital transformation journey, successfully implementing emerging digital services into our clients’ projects and operations that unlock a step change in their performance. Join the team to improve project outcomes, leverage the digital twin, deliver systems integration and interoperability, and support decision-making, autonomous execution, and integrated operations and performance centers.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Software Developer (WPF) to join the Digital group in Gurgaon, India.
Digital solutions have become a key component of the strategic direction and vision of today’s modern organizations. Hatch is at the forefront of successfully implementing emerging digital services into our clients’ projects and operations that can unlock a step change in their performance.
Join our diverse team and award-winning culture and be part of our clients’ digital transformation journey by working to define the best methods and making sure they are supported by the right technology and an enabled workforce. This journey will lead to improve project outcomes, being able to leverage the digital twin, systems integration and interoperability, support for decision-making, autonomous execution, and integrated operations and performance centers.
This is an excellent career opportunity for a creative individual who strives to deliver superior technology solutions to external and internal clients. You will have working experience with a number of application technologies including .NET, Microsoft platform web and mobile development, and have demonstrated skills working in an agile and scrum methodology environment. We are in search of a task oriented, self-starter who is confident and has exceptional communication skills. You will be a person who thrives in an open world environment but knows how to find a balance with guidelines. You are also a person that can work around flexible working hours as we are bound working with people in various time zones.
Hatch is all about challenge. We challenge our clients with innovative ideas that help them take their business to higher levels. We challenge our employees to take on responsibilities and take initiative regardless of position title or job description.
As the successful candidate, you will:
Our Hatch Digital team offers a wide range of technology related services and solutions that support our global Hatch network and our client solutions. In this role, you will be a part of the Systems Development group. You will be responsible for enhancing and maintaining internal and external web and mobile applications and technology solutions related to .NET framework, web and mobile applications as well as other technologies such as Microsoft Azure, MS Azure Storage, SharePoint online and various other platforms.
We are looking for a NET Software Developer (WPF) to add to our dynamic team. The responsibilities of the role include:
- Work in Application maintenance and support team to provide technical solution of client problems
- Work on prioritized defects and enhancements to and deliver it in within pre-defined SLAs
- Be involved with all technical activities within the team such as estimating, sprint planning, software development life cycle activities, code reviews, testing, research, deployments and documentation creation
- Emphasize the collaboration and communication of both the development teams and IT to automate the process of software delivery
- Advise on risk and order of feature development with the overall goal of delivering valuable, working software to production in a continuous release product lifecycle
- Remain abreast of technology developments within fields relevant to current and future initiatives and development work
- Communicate open items and issues to key stakeholders, including management and architecture teams
- Continuously discover, evaluate and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiencies
- Works well in a team environment with shared code; disciplined use of source control and process documentation.
- Ability to develop and enhance applications using technologies relevant to current and future initiatives and support and maintenance work
- Familiarity with various requirements gathering techniques, software usability and software prototyping
- Demonstrated strong logical and technical problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn and quickly comprehend new concepts and technologies
- Demonstrated strong judgment and decision-making ability
- 7-10 years’ experience working on a development team, providing technical leadership/guidance/mentorship. Proven capabilities in the following technologies:
- WPF, PRISM, Unity Container
- Protocol – REST via Web API + JSON, OData
- C#/.NET 4.5.2/ASP.NET/ .Net Core 3.1
- Design patterns (MVC, MVVM)
- Proficient in working with Microsoft Azure including storage accounts, API apps and API Management services
- Event driven processes
- SQL Server, Azure Storage, Azure Data Lake
- Proficient in working with Microsoft Azure including functions, logic apps, service bus, security / key vault / OAuth2 and API Management services
- Azure DevOps (Scrum and Source Control)
- Visual Studio Professional 2017/ 2019
- Deployment Pipelines (CI/CD)
- Azure Repo and Branching Strategy
- Experience evaluating new development frameworks and technologies and provide adoption recommendations
- Demonstrated extensive experience to interpret user stories and acceptance criteria and break them into testable tasks that can be committed to and delivered within a given sprint
- Experience with software configuration management; software quality assurance methodologies
- Experience with Agile methodologies and working in teams
- Experience building and supporting mission critical applications, running in a highly distributed manner
- Experience building consensus across teams and working within teams in disparate geographic locations
Working knowledge and experience in the following technologies an asset:
- MS SharePoint online
- Microsoft PowerBI
- Mobile Framework – Xamarin Forms and Azure Mobile
- High motivation and commitment to quality and customer service
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate with different levels of stakeholders from different parts of the world
- Must be a self-starter and organized and needs minimal supervision
- Understanding of all aspects of software development and implementation
- Ability to work in an agile environment
- Willing to work outside of normal business hours as part of a global team and to travel as required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education, training or work experience
Why join us?
- Work with great people to make a difference
- Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
- Top employer
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally
We’re committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We’ll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation.