Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Partner in a team environment to design, develop, code, test and debug new software or significant enhancements to existing software of moderate complexity. Develop solutions across many disciplines and be responsible for explaining solutions and procedures. Apply principles, theories and concepts and use methodologies, tools, documentation processes and test procedures to complete projects related to moderately complex software.
The Main Responsibilities
- Write and deploy network automation code (primarily Ruby and Jinja)
- Write and deploy REST APIs (primarily Python)
- Write test automation code for unit and integration testing (primarily Python)
- Manage CI/CD workflows (primarily Jenkins)
- Tasks may include project implementation, researching and evaluating problems, and recommending and implementing decisions
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in CS or similar field, with 3-5 years professional experience, or 1-2 years with a Master’s Degree
- Experience developing and/or testing complex performance-sensitive distributed systems
- Experience with Linux-based operating systems
- Experience with Python for REST API
- Some Experience designing and implementing CI/CD workflows
- Some Experience writing test automation code for unit and integration testing
- Some Experience packaging production and test code by building Docker images
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to produce high quality, maintainable software
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with Python
- Experience with Agile workflows
- Extensive experience with Salt for automation of very large networks
- Experience with Jenkins
- Experience with Docker containers running in a production environment
- Some experience with NodeJS
- Some experience with Ruby
- Some experience with Salt for network automation
Requisition #: 265095
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.