Job ID: 110297
Required Travel :Minimal
Managerial – Yes
Location: India- Pune (Amdocs Site)
Who are we?
If you’re a smartphone user then you are part of an ever more connected and digital world. At Amdocs, we are leading the digital revolution into the future. From virtualized telecommunications networks, Big Data and Internet of Things to mobile financial services, billing and operational support systems, we are continually evolving our business to help you become more connected. We make sure that when you watch a video on YouTube, message friends on Snapchat or send your images on Instagram, you get great service anytime, anywhere, and on any device. We are at the heart of the telecommunications industry working with giants such as AT&T, Vodafone, Telstra and Telefonica, helping them create an amazing new world for you where technology is being used in amazing new ways every single day.
In one sentence
In charge of the architectural roadmap, provides architecture solutions during the software development lifecycle and performs sophisticated software engineering tasks.
What will your job look like?
- Amdocs Software Architect’s have full autonomy to deliver agreed technical objectives. Make decisions requiring extensive analysis and interpretation, including a number of intangible factors. Provides technical expertise in terms of software usage, and functional and non-functional aspects
- Work with software engineers and other architects to define and refine the product structure to align with the business, development, deployment, and maintenance needs.
- Work with customers and product line management to identify, refine, and translate customer needs into concrete technical requirements.
- Support and lead architectural decisions and tasks within a product line or across multiple product lines (cross-portfolio).
- Lead projects, review technical designs, and provide guidance to software engineers on technical and architectural design decisions
- Research, evaluate, and prototype new methodologies, technologies, and products, you will propose and follow through with improvements in processes and tools.
- Acquire an in depth understanding of the customer context while making technical decisions and choices
All you need is…
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent – information technology, management information systems, software engineering and networking
- Total Experience required 10+ yrs.
- Microservices, REST APIs, Spring Framework, version control, Java, J2EE, SQL, JDBC, JPA, Apache Tomcat, Jetty, Oracle, MySQL, Eclipse, ANT/Maven, Log4J, SVN, GIT, JUNIT.
- Version Control (GIT, SVN etc. – any), UI Integration with Service Layer using Rest Services like Jersey, Apache CXF, SpringBoot, Vert.x Microservices
- Experience with Cloud native application with 12 principals
- Good Experience in NoSQl like couchbase, MongoDB or Cassandra – any of them is must
- Good Experience in redis, memcache or any other open source caching solution is must
- Must have knowledge of Karma, Jasmin on UI side and JUnit/Cucumber on service side.
- Experience with Enterprise Architect/Microsoft Visio/Start UML is must or similar tools for creating HLD and LLD.
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes/Microservices is must
- Experience of Cloud technologies like Openstack, AWS, Azure, CloudFoundry is big plus.
Why you will love this job:
- Be challenged by crafting the high-level design and dictates technical standards.
- Success applicants will gain the opportunity to work with the industry most advanced technologies
- We provide opportunities to evolve yourself in the future and be responsible for a suite of products, creating a high-level design that connects several (heterogeneous) sub-systems, which together make up a whole system.
- We provide stellar benefits from health to dental to parental leave and even pet insurance!
Amdocs is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce