Job ID: 119146
Required Travel :Minimal
Managerial – Yes
Location: India- Pune (Amdocs Site)
Who are we?
If you’re a smartphone user then you are part of an ever more connected and digital world. At Amdocs, we are leading the digital revolution into the future. From virtualized telecommunications networks, Big Data and Internet of Things to mobile financial services, billing and operational support systems, we are continually evolving our business to help you become more connected. We make sure that when you watch a video on YouTube, message friends on Snapchat or send your images on Instagram, you get great service anytime, anywhere, and on any device. We are at the heart of the telecommunications industry working with giants such as AT&T, Vodafone, Telstra and Telefonica, helping them create an amazing new world for you where technology is being used in amazing new ways every single day.
In one sentence
In charge of the architectural roadmap, provides architecture solutions during the software development lifecycle and performs sophisticated software engineering tasks.
What will your job look like?
• You will design, develop, and lead development teams with multiple tools on enterprise level grade to help deployment all the way to production.
• You will experience new methodologies and technology stacks from DevOps world.
• You will experience multiple interfaces throughout your daily routine including other Software Architects, Product Owners, Developers, DevOps engineers and on-site support personnel.
• You will take ownership and accountability of specific modules within one of our applications and become focal point throughout application life cycle
• You will guide and monitor developers programming and coding by design
• You will participate on multiple researches and proof of concepts to keep up with cutting edge technologies
• You will present demos of the software products to stakeholders and internal/external customers, using knowledge of the product/solution and technologies to influence the direction and evolution of the product/solution.
All you need is…
• At least 10 years’ experience in software engineering in Java and Python and proven experience in software design
• At least 10 years’ strong Linux and open source background
• At least 5 years’ experience of AWS & it’s services like EKS, EC2, Lambda etc.
• At least 5 years’ experience of Microservices, Docker containers and Docker cluster (Kubernetes and others)
• Various programming languages and scripting experience – an advantage
• Knowledge of UI technologies – an advantage
• Deep understanding of SW Engineering & DevOps practices
• Experience in agile development and having the agile mindset
• Excellent communication & presentation skills, verbal and written skills in English.
• Should be a quick learner & ready to explore new paradigm.
Why you will love this job:
• You will be part of a strong cross team that deals on daily basis with cutting-edge technology stacks such as: Cloud, Kubernetes, Docker & micro-services
• You will influence all aspects of Amdocs Delivery including direct impact on dozens of Amdocs customers
• You will experience complete application life cycle activities such as: Analysis, Design, Coding and unit testing
• You will handle several aspects of our large-scale enterprise projects
• You will take an active role in technical mentoring within the team
Amdocs is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce