Location: LOC_COBBS_CRK-Care Network-Cobbs Creek
Req ID: 139474
Employment Status: Regular – Full Time
The social worker provides professional services to patients and families, which facilitates the use of individual, public and private resources so that optimal functioning can occur for both the patient and the family. These core services include assessment of psychosocial functioning and capacities, counseling for care planning and decision-making, social work treatment and community resource planning. Social workers collaborate with many disciplines, programs, departments and organizations in the accomplishment of these duties.
- Provides skilled psychosocial assessment and collaborates with care team in order to provide quality comprehensive treatment to patients and families. Evaluates the effectiveness of professional services and adjusts/redefines goals and modalities as indicated. Shares information regarding patient family situation with staff from other agencies and programs as appropriate in accordance with applicable confidentiality guidelines and relevant law. Organizes workload and sets priorities based on patient care needs. Adheres to medical-legal reporting requirements.
- Completes documentation in a timely manner that is legible, clear and organized according to department, hospital and legal standards.
- Provides leadership in identifying barriers to effective service delivery or problems in work assignments. Actively contributes in initiatives that improve service delivery through department, hospital or community based committees.
- Recognizes professional strengths and areas for growth and is accountable for development and enhancement of professional practice skills.
- Adheres to NASW Code of Ethics and CHOP Social Work Department standards for continuing education, participation in professional home committees, meetings and available for cross-coverage assignments as needed.
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
Required Education and Experience
Required Education: Master’s Degree from a Council of Social Work Education (CSWE) accredited institution.
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Preferred Experience: Experience in a hospital, health organization or mental health care agency.
Preferred Licenses/certificates/registrations: LSW or ACSW
Additional Technical Requirements
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products.
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146