The Technical Support Specialist located in Sioux City, Iowa will be responsible for assisting the AP dealer network and personnel with technical support help by telephone. This role would also require the occasional travel to job sites to assist in installation, site commissioning, and addressing product issues. This position will involve supporting all of the AP products including heating, ventilation, feeding, and cooling systems used in swine production facilities.
Job Function and Responsibilities
- Assist Customers and Dealers with diagnosing problems, operating of the product, finding parts and/or part numbers for any of the AP products
- Supporting other employees with product questions
- Utilizing the Cisco phone system and answering calls through the Technical Support line
- Assist dealers on-site visits when necessary for product support
- Assist Engineering, Quality Assurance, Manufacturing, and Sales to improve or correct issues with AP products
- Keep up to date with product changes
Qualifications and Experience
- Three years experience in mechanical and electrical related fields preferred
- Swine industry experience preferred
- Ability to meet requirements to drive a company vehicle
- Approximately 25% travel is required
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Technical Bachelor’s degree
AGCO offers competitive benefits including options and choices that fit your life including medical, dental, vision, life and accident insurance, long and short term disability, a 401k match, employee assistance program, and discounted home and auto insurance.
A World of Opportunities
Our AGCO family lives in many places around the world with manufacturing, sales, and administrative sites spanning the globe: from Finland to China, the US to Germany, France to Brazil. We are a team of more than 20,000 employees in over 35 countries. As a company, we benefit from the perspective, experience, and ideas that come from our naturally diverse team. Our strong, modern brands, such as Challenger, Fendt, GSI, Massey Ferguson, and Valtra, meet a wide variety of farmer needs and are well-known around the world.
Join us as we bring agriculture into the future. Experience our global diversity and enterprising spirit to help us create innovative technologies and a positive impact that helps feed the world’s nearly 8 billion people!
AGCO is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of inappropriate or unlawful conduct on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other protected group status as provided by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.