Agco is seeking a Design Engineer to join their Product Safety & Compliance team located within their state-of-the-art, award-winning manufacturing facility in Jackson, MN. The Design Engineer will be responsible for coordinating all activities and communications required to achieve certification across global markets (US, South America, Australia, Europe, etc.) As well as, identifying and monitoring AGCO’s Global Homologation requirements, including consumer test protocols for various vehicle types to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, for worldwide markets.
- Prepare and file all the required documents with relevant authorities to ensure successful completion of certification
- Interact with various regulatory bodies like South Africa, EU & Customs Union, technical services, EPA, CARB etc. as needed
- Support various engineering teams with regards to understanding and implementing the current and upcoming homologation requirements in their respective component designs
- Support design reviews and track the compliance status of all applicable regulations
- Develop detailed test plans for applicable regulations and coordinate testing with engineering domains and test houses
- Create compliance test reports and collate regulatory documentation
- BS degree or above in Agricultural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or related field
- A minimum of 5+ years’ experience in compliance & homologation.
- A strong understanding and experience with US self-certification process, EU whole vehicle type approval process
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Global regulatory and consumer safety requirements and standards pertaining to passive safety, active safety and environmental regulations – FMVSS/ECE/UNECE/ GB/EPA/CARB etc.
- A deep understanding of risk-based product assessment and how the regulations are applied
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build relationships within the organization and with regulatory agencies and test houses
- Knowledge of CAD software such as CREO View and/or CREO
- Experience working on Agricultural or Construction Equipment programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a strong team player
- Ability to manage complex technical projects and assignments with a high degree of autonomy and accountability for results