Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Small Businesses have had their share of challenges in 2020 but at Lumen we know 2021 is going to be an amazing year for our resilient small business customers. Part of this resilience is based on our ability to provide them with services and tools that keep them connected to their customers. Come be part of something amazing and help our small business customers make 2021 the best year yet.
Our Small Business Account Associates – MTU are responsible for building relationships with our small business customers in the MTU (Multiple Tenant Unit) space across the nation. They will be responsible for offering these customers products and services that make their technology needs possible. If you are passionate about amazing products, enjoy being empowered to take the best care of customers and want to enable small businesses to have the best year yet – come join Lumen!
Not only does this role come with the opportunity to build relationships, deliver on promises and fulfill Small Business customers goals, and a world class benefits package and leadership team that values YOU and YOUR contributions to Lumen.
The Main Responsibilities
How are you going to take amazing care of our customers –
- You will be responsible for using consultative sales approaches to understand customers’ business needs, issues, dreams and goals and helping make them a reality.
- You will become an expert in the competitive environment and be able to communicate regarding competitive offerings while effectively positioning Lumen as the best technology choice for assigned prospects/customers
- You are an advocate for both internal and external customers and providing them exceptional service. You will be able to track your amazing work through completion of daily logs, sales reports and other tools to reflect your efforts.
- You will have assigned customers but also the opportunity to build a sales funnel that will allow you to grow the Lumen footprint and truly enable more customers to take the best care of their customers.
- You get to be part of the community and participate in events and network groups that allow you be an integral part of the community and offer world class services. Yes, you get paid to know your neighbors and build new relationships!
- Once it is safe, as safety is our #1 concern, you will get to interact with your customers face to face and deliver on the commitments that you have set.
- You will have access to best in industry sales tools to best enable you to take amazing care of customers. We ask that you have an open mind and willingness to learn new systems and think of new ways to WOW the customer.
What We Look For in a Candidate
What Tools and Skills do you need to bring to the table (don’t worry we offer training for the rest):
- Come with at least 1 year of sales experience. Business to Business sales is wonderful but the ability to make connections, solve problems and best position customers with products is even better.
- Come with strong communication skills. Communication is a two-way street you must be an empathetic listener but also be able to deliver world class presentations and conversations.
- Come with passion and concern for the customer which means you have high levels of pride and integrity in your work.
- Come with a can-do attitude. Sales is a lot like getting your break in Hollywood – you will hear more No’s than Yes’s but it is the ability to come back day after day and keep sharing the amazing products with customers.
- Come with a data focused strategy. The numbers are your friends – research and research some more and you will be best equipped to make the best offers to our customers.
- Live in the Kissimmee/Orlando area
- Come with a valid driver’s license and clean driving record. Again, once it is safe you will get the chance to meet your customers face to face and participate in your community.
What to Expect Next
Based on your job application information you may be given the opportunity to complete an online assessment immediately after applying. Completion of the online assessment is a requirement in order to be considered for our open position. Now not a good time? No worries, we will also send you an email with a link to complete the assessment. We strongly recommend that you complete this within 5 days of your application date.
Requisition #: 255635
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.