Requisition Number: 79513
Insight Public Sector (IPS) is expanding our sales organization and seeking a field-based Account Executive to join our State & Local Sales (SLED) team. In this critical role, you will manage and drive sales efforts for the SLED market segment. You will be instrumental in developing and executing growth strategies, as well as a comprehensive go-to-market approach in order to expand existing business within the Education sector.
- Responsible to qualifying and closing business opportunities within the State & Local segments by selling complete IT solutions to accounts in a defined geographic territory. As a trusted advisor to State & Local clients, the Account Executive will identify opportunities to leverage Insight’s complete technology offering which includes hardware, software and services.
- Account penetration to develop solid business relationships within the various decision-makers and influencers (elected officials, city managers, CIOs, CISOs, etc.) at all levels at each target account you will be assigned. Understand each target customer’s business model, map their organization and identify their unique technology needs.
- Engage local partner field representatives from Microsoft, Cisco, HP, EMC and VMware (and others). Collaborating on sales efforts and partnerships with target accounts including uncovering new account and new segment opportunities.
- Collaborate with IPS’s Inside Sales Representatives to develop, document and execute account penetration strategies for assigned target accounts.
- Develop product knowledge and sales skills by participating in ongoing product and skill training opportunities provided by IPS and outside sources.
- Identify new accounts and introduce the IPS value proposition to key decision makers within the account. Position IPS’s solutions as a strategic advantage to our customers' long term needs.
- Use quarterly forecasting and pipeline management to manage sales growth. Manage geographic territory using professional territory management skills. Use our Microsoft CRM application to develop and utilize professional account management tools and follow up procedures.
- Provide consistent and timely follow up communication and action steps after every sales call.
- Collaborate on sales strategies, discuss account trends, advise changes within accounts and coordinate quotes and sales opportunities with Account Managers on an as-needed and weekly basis.
- 5+ years of experience selling technology hardware, software or complex technical solutions to public sector customers.
- Experience managing client with complex manager service agreements with annual contracts exceeding $10 million.
- Strong network of contract to immediately start calling.
- Comfortable cold calling and experience in a sales “hunter” role, prospective for new logo clients.
- Documented history of making/exceeding quotas.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, equivalent experience.
- Excellent communication skills and strong presentation skills.
- Ability to travel up to 25% as needed.
- OEM Sales Certifications
The position described above provides a summary of some the job duties required and what it would be like to work at Insight. For a comprehensive list of physical demands and work environment for this position, click here.
Today, every business is a technology business. Insight Enterprises, Inc. empowers organizations of all sizes with Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ and services to maximize the business value of IT. As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of digital innovation, cloud/data center transformation, connected workforce, and supply chain optimization solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our 11,000 teammates help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter. Discover more at insight.com.
- Founded in 1988 in Tempe, Arizona
- 11,000+ teammates in 21 countries providing Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ for organizations across the globe
- $9.2 billion in revenue in 2018*
- Ranked #430 on the 2019 Fortune 500, #14 on the 2019 CRN Solution Provider 500
- 2019 Adobe Americas Partner of the Year, 2019 Cisco Global-Americas Partner of the Year, 2019 Intel IoT Solutions Partner of the Year, Microsoft U.S. Azure Partner Choice Award for Data/AI, Microsoft Azure Expert Managed Services Provider
- Ranked #23 on the 2019 Fortune 50 Best Workplaces in Technology, #70 on the 2019 Fortune 100 Best Workplaces for Diversity, and #7 on the Phoenix Business Journal 2019 list of Best Places to Work (Extra Large Business)
- Signatory of the United Nations (UN) Global Compact and Affiliate Member of the Responsible Business Alliance
* Proforma to include PCM, Inc. for fiscal year ended Dec. 31, 2018
Today’s talent leads tomorrow’s success. Learn about careers at Insight: jobs.insight.com.
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Austin || Texas (US-TX) || United States (US) || SALES || None || National; Remote ||