Requisition ID: 235220
Requisition Posting End Date: 06/16/2021
Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world’s infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel are our values – ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants – integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what costumers can expect, and how we deliver.
Bechtel is seeking a Site Construction Manager for the Mining & Metals team, based in Peru. Position will be responsible for the organization and direction of construction and related activities on the site, be the primary client contact for all jobsite activities, coordinate with client’s resident representatives on jobsite activities and operations. Responsibilities are to ensure assigned jobsite operations are in compliance with design/specifications, completion on schedule, within budget and to quality standards.
The Site Construction Manager is principally responsible for:
- Responsible for jobsite operations including onsite activities of Bechtel, subcontractors, suppliers, clients and their representatives and others as may be assigned.
- Responsible for the field workforce organization to ensure the jobsite organization is comprised of qualified and knowledgeable personnel, and ensures effective personnel utilization.
- Establishes, coordinates and implements construction schedules, manning charts, and material and equipment requirements.
- Controls jobsite expenditures in assigned area for labor, equipment, material and services and ensures field operations are within budget.
- Responsible for overall supervision of personnel in assigned area of responsibility.
- Ensures performance evaluations are conducted on assigned personnel and counseling programs are maintained.
- Ensures subordinate personnel receive progressive training to enable them to assume additional responsibilities.
- Responsible for craft resources as assigned and coordinates the activities with designated manager and corporate craft resources department.
- Administers a security plan and coordinates the activities with corporate security department.
- Responsible for administration of assigned area(s) contractual activities. Participates in contracts and subcontracts negotiations.
- Plans and implements procedures to ensure construction operations are continuously adhering to engineering designs, specifications, quality standards, schedules and budget.
- Responsible for coordination of construction operations to ensure they coincide with the overall established schedules.
- Maintains relationships with the client and their representatives, as assigned.
- Ensures that Bechtel and local/national regulatory safety codes, requirements and standards are being complied with in assigned area of responsibility. Ensures the Zero Accident Philosophy is incorporated into all aspects of construction operations. Actively participates in scheduled safety meetings.
- Implements Six Sigma tools, analysis, and decision-making in the executive of duties.
- Performs general administrative functions inherent in jobsite supervisory positions.
- Ensures corporate policies and procedures are fully implemented. Establishes field procedures and objectives within corporate policies and procedures, as necessitated by conditions at a jobsite.
Qualifications and Skills
The Site Construction Manager shall be knowledgeable and/or experienced in:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, or specialized courses in construction management, and/or prior work experience leading to a thorough understanding of the knowledge described above.
- Knowledge of all phases of construction operations relating to field activities of engineering disciplines, construction technologies and jobsite management.
- Knowledge of Bechtel’s Zero Accident Philosophy.
- Knowledge of the Project ES&H Handbook, the Supervisors ES&H Manual, the Project Safety Management Plan and the Bechtel Core Processes.
- Knowledge of the Project Construction Environmental Control Plan.
- Knowledge of the Six Sigma program tools and methodologies.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to or call +1-800-749-2372 for assistance. Determinations on request for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Juntos formando el mañana
Bechtel es una de las empresas de ingeniería, construcción y gestión de proyectos más respetadas a nivel mundial. Junto con nuestros clientes, entregamos proyectos emblemáticos que fomentan el progreso y el crecimiento económico a largo plazo. Desde 1898, hemos completado más de 25.000 proyectos extraordinarios en 160 países de los siete continentes. Operamos a través de cuatro unidades de negocios globales: Infraestructura; Nuclear, Seguridad y Medio Ambiente; Energía; y Minería y Metales. Nuestra empresa y nuestra cultura se basan en más de un siglo de liderazgo y una adherencia incesante a nuestros valores, cuyo núcleo son la seguridad, la calidad, la ética y la integridad. Estos valores son lo que creemos, lo que esperamos, lo que entregamos y lo que vivimos.
Bechtel es un empleador que ofrece igualdad de oportunidades. Todos los postulantes calificados serán considerados para su contratación sin distinción de raza, color, religión, sexo, orientación sexual, identidad y expresión de género, edad, nacionalidad, discapacidad, estado de ciudadanía (según lo autorice la ley), estatus militar, información genética y cualquier otra característica protegida por la ley federal, estatal o local.
Postulantes en situación de discapacidad, que requieran de ajustes razonables para cualquier etapa del proceso de reclutamiento y contratación, pueden enviar su solicitud por correo electrónico a para recibir apoyo. Determinaciones referentes a los requerimientos de ajustes razonables serán revisados caso a caso.