Requisition Number: 47608
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Scope of position:
- Receive internal/external product and verify against production Id’s.
- Engage in receiving and storing equipment to plant personnel and maintain records.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Count and measure items of incoming shipments to verify against purchase orders and production ID’s
- Operate electrical and manual pallet jacks to stock or move material to designated area.
- Attach identifying tags to materials or label cases, bales, or other containers.
- Stock and assemble material into bundles and band together or pack and bag product to prepare for shipping.
- Communicate material/quantity discrepancies and shortages to lead person or supervisor.
- Maintain safety and quality standards by using acceptable housekeeping practices on equipment and work area.
- The above description covers the most significant duties performed but does not exclude other occasional work assignments not mentioned.
Hours of work:
- 1st shift, Monday – Friday, 5:00am to 1:30pm
- High School Diploma/GED
Required Years of Experience:
- None, previous work experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Basic Math
- PeopleSoft experience
- Detail oriented
- Team player
- Results oriented; Active problem solver
- Self-starter; works with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.