No Relocation Assistance Offered
# 101440 – Sanford, Maine, United States
Tom's of Maine is seeking a Continuous Improvement Focus Resource. This position will support operations in many ways to improve overall KPIs in Sanford Facility.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Understanding, identifying and implementing process/projects control capabilities of site to continuous improvement;
- Conduct training to site on process control, SOP’s and other required topics;
- Investigate report and document Product Non-conformances and conduct CAPA investigations at the site;
- Support planning with critical tasks;
- Documentation support through development and review of operational SOP’s;
- Support process validation program for the site, support during the execution of PQ protocols. Supports IQ / OQ;
- Support in WH and cycle inventory counts.
Areas of Knowledge
- Operations & Quality; Continuous Improvement: Utilize quality tools such as Management of Change, Nonconformance Investigation, etc. to help drive continuous improvement. Knowledge of site process capability for new and existing products. Supports the continuous improvement activities of the site by identifying gaps
- Nonconformance: Responsible for investigating, and finding areas of opportunities for Nonconformance.
- Operations: assure proper actions are implemented to address audit findings.
- Relationship: Work with OTLs to identify areas of improvement in Batch cycle Time in the making systems
- Problem-Solving: Identify opportunities in daily activities, potential solutions, review with OTLs and drive the implementation of the improvements
- Planning: Double check materials availability for current and next week schedule
- Process Validation & Control: support Process Validations and PQ/PPQ in conjunction with quality and engineering team.
- Training: support OTLs with training new joining’s and develop multitasking skills across the technicians
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to adhere to all safety and EOHS standards, and wear and utilize all personal protective equipment.
- Vocational or Technical Degree
- At least one year of experience with any or all of the following:
- performing equipment changeovers (make-ready)
- performing quality checks or audits in manufacturing processes
- using Continuous Improvement Tools
- training others
- conducting team or workgroup meetings
- preparing production or other reports
- applying problem solving tools or techniques
- using the production, planning or other module in SAP
- collaborating with co-workers on decision-making exercises
- using Microsoft Office / Google Tools
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law
Are you interested in working for Tom’s of Maine? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Empowering a naturally healthy life – for our family and yours – for over 45 years. When Tom and Kate Chappell moved to Maine and started making natural personal care products, they were guided by two simple philosophies.
• First, that it was possible to make effective personal care products that were free from artificial flavors, fragrances, sweeteners, colors and preservatives.
• And second, that businesses should be good corporate citizens working to care for the planet and communities. These same philosophies guide us to this day. Tom’s of Maine products – including toothpaste, deodorant, mouthwash, bar soap, body wash, lotions and lip balms – are sold across the United States and Canada. And because we are so committed to giving back, we donate 10% of our profits to charitable organizations, and our employees can use 5% of their paid time volunteering for causes they are passionate about.
Tom’s of Maine is a division of Colgate-Palmolive, a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition, with sales of products in more than 200 countries. To learn more about Tom’s of Maine and Colgate, please visit http://www.tomsofmaine.com and http://www.colgatepalmolive.com, or find us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject “Accommodation Request” should you require accommodation.