|City:||Prince George, BC, Canada|
|Location:||PG Pulp (BC19)|
Canfor’s strength comes from the diversity of our skilled and resilient workforce. As our company continues to grow and diversify, so do our career opportunities. Let us take this opportunity to tell you how you could be the best fit for Canfor.
Shift Supervisor – Pulp
Canfor is currently looking for a motivated individual with proven leadership experience in an industrial/mill setting to join our team as a Shift Supervisor in our Machine Room.
Applying well-developed organizational abilities, strong initiative and a team-oriented approach, you will be responsible to the Team Leader, Paper Machine for the operation of the Paper Machine, Pulp Machine, and Warehouse.
- The emphasis will be on achieving objectives in safety, production, costs, quality and the environment.
- Both machines produce a wide variety of bleached and unbleached products.
- The paper machine produces a wide variety of high performance paper grades and basis weights for flexible packaging applications. Our products are distributed worldwide.
As a Shift Supervisor you will be responsible for the training, development and scheduling of an operating crew on 12-hour shifts as well as for ensuring the proper implementation of the current Labour Agreement.
- Extensive experience in the pulping process should be combined with relevant post-secondary technical education.
- Supervisory experience in a union environment would be a definite asset; however, applicants with the appropriate operating background, strong interpersonal skills and leadership abilities will be considered.
- Proven supervisory and leadership abilities and the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Safe work habits and a working knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety regulations
- Working knowledge of web-based computer applications and Microsoft Office
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills
Canfor offers a comprehensive, flexible benefits package that allows you to customize your benefits to meet your individual needs, and includes health and dental coverage as well as life, accident and disability insurance. In addition to this, we offer pension and other benefits.
Grow with us
At Canfor, we understand that our strength comes from our skilled and dedicated employees and we work hard to support their ongoing professional development. We offer a number of training programs and development opportunities to support each of our employees in their pursuit of career advancement and growth. Whether you want to develop upon your skills or advance your career with Canfor, we offer a promote-from-within culture that will give you these opportunities.
At Canfor, our values are at the core of everything we do. Safety comes first, and we are proud of our unwavering commitment to excellence, and customer satisfaction, which allows us to safely and efficiently deliver quality products to our customers around the globe.
- Safety comes first.
- We succeed when our customers succeed.
- We are resilient and resourceful. We always find a way forward.
- We are a good neighbour in our communities and a responsible steward of the environment.
- We demonstrate integrity by doing what we say we are going to do.
We are actively recruiting for this role. Interested Candidates are encouraged to apply early.
At Canfor, diversity means understanding, recognizing and valuing the differences that make each person unique. We see inclusion and diversity as an essential part of our productivity, creativity, innovation and competitive advantage. We strive for a fair and equitable recruitment process, where hiring decisions are based on the individual qualifications and experience of each applicant.
We are not your run of the mill forest products company, join us and find out why. #canfortalent
Prince George, BC
Known as BC’s Northern Capital, Prince George is city that offers big city comfort and convenience, but small town serenity and sensibilities. As the largest city in northern BC, Prince George is a hub of industry, offering numerous employment opportunities and is home to the University of Northern British Columbia. This region’s temperate climate creates a lush environment of emerald-green forests and ample opportunities for outdoor activity. For more information, visit http://canfor.com/our-company/our-communities/prince-george