Posting End Date:
The person filling this position must be self-motivated, communicate and work well with others and possess a positive attitude with a high commitment to work safely and productively. The Shift Serviceman is most often the first point of contact for customers and as such must work diligently to provide quality customer service and a high degree of customer satisfaction.
– Work alone while on a shift schedule and be the first responder to emergencies and outages on the electrical distribution system emergency calls.
– Responding to customer calls related to the electric distribution system such as low voltage, low wires, flickering lights, tree conditions and underground facility dig-ins.
– Assist electric construction crews in daily work activities and in the restoration of service during emergency conditions.
– Perform emergency locates on underground facilities.
– Other maintenance and construction activities as directed by supervision
– Must live within 30 miles of reporting location
SUCCESFUL COMPLETION OF FITNESS FOR DUTY TESTING IS REQUIRED.
– CDL Class A License is required
– Technical School Lineman degree or equivalent is required.
– Must presently be qualified to be a Journeyman Lineman. .
– Experience with digger derricks, bucket trucks and groundwork with utility crews is required.
– Must be able to work at heights up to and above 100 feet.
– Must be mentally competent; able to communicate effectively; have good teamwork skills and able to understand, comprehend, and follow directions in the workplace.
– Must have a quality work ethic and be committed to optimum customer service.
– Requires participation in after-hours emergency call-outs.
– A high awareness of safety and compliance with company safety rules is required at all times.
– Must meet driver qualification requirements
This job will require the ability to work in an efficient manner while performing the essential responsibilities of the position which may include:
A. Lifting and maneuvering up to 50 lbs.
B. Being able to work at heights up to and above 100 feet.
C. Being able to climb wood poles up to and above 100 feet tall.
D. Using shovels, sledge hammers and jack hammers and other similar labor intensive tools.
E. Working in confined areas, which include bending and stooping.
Primary Location: Mississippi–Jackson
Job Function: Skilled / Craft
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Relocation Option: No Relocation Offered
Union description/code: MISSISSIPPI BARG. — NON-NUCLEAR
Number of Openings: 1
Req ID: 105181
Travel Percentage:Up to 25%
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Vets. Please click here to view the full statement.
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.