Requisition Number: 44886
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Corning Incorporated focuses on building a diverse global workforce where differences are celebrated, and employees feel safe bringing their “whole selves” to work. Our Diversity Network hosts 18 active and distinctive Employee Resource Groups. Employees have access to Allyship resources, podcasts, an internal video channel, digital learning series and trainings, all focused on building and celebrating global diversity and inclusion. Corning has been recognized as a leader in this regard and has been consistently recognized as a national employer of choice.
The Workspace Service Owner is responsible for the end to end management and delivery of Corning’s user based endpoints to include enterprise-wide hardware and software lifecycle management, end user support of services through ensuring that service level agreements are met as agreed, and financial P&L health of the service line as it relates to the Workspace Services’ service offerings. The role is also responsible for setting, executing, and managing the technology strategy for Workspace technologies globally across the Corning enterprise.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the implementation and delivery of user desktop services as a product over its lifecycle from concept to retirement, through design, transition and operation to ensure it meets demand and delivers desired business value to the company
- Collaborate with Service Line Directors/Managers, among others, to develop, implement, and communicate a roadmap that includes plans for expansions, modifications, maintenance, retirement, etc.
- Assess and evaluate new technologies and capabilities for the service, operating model, and associated technology
- Financial planning and analysis for the Workspace service line to include entering/tracking forecasts and capital asset management working with IT-Finance
- Manage third party maintenance and support contracts including identification of cost reduction opportunities
- Partner with Business Engagement Management and Service Line Directors/Managers to develop business cases and manage expectations about service cost, quality, risk, metrics, delivery and lifecycle requirements
- Conduct negotiations to resolve conflict between business partners, Business Engagement Managers, Service Line Directors/Managers and other Service Owners/Technology managers
- Establish and maintain strategic alignment with operational support teams, service and application owners for lifecycle management of applications and platforms outside of End User Services
- Prioritize and oversee service improvement and enhancement projects, to include reporting on the progress of those projects and their impact to performance.
- Create and propose a strategy to reduce complexity of endpoint toolsets that optimizes PC performance from established baselines
- Develop and monitor key performance indicators and metrics to ensure services are delivered within parameters outlined in the services description
- Serve as an initial point of escalation for significant incidents that interrupt service availability or diminish performance
- Implement problem resolution process to effectively reduce handle and response times to customer issues through ownership, communication and reporting
- Identify new sources of demand for the service by educating and aligning key stakeholders across BUs on the impact of recent and planned changes to the service
- Partner with external suppliers to ensure timely delivery of service and mitigate supply chain issues (PC and other hardware acquisition) that impact delivery of endpoints
- Ensure service delivery for Corning’s global cloud print capability through Managed Print service provider
- BS Computer Science, Business, or relevant field
- 10+ years’ experience in Information Technology
- 5+ years’ experience managing operational support teams (e.g. Desktop Engineering, Service Desk, Field Services, Infrastructure Support, etc.) o Hands on experience managing IT financials
- In-depth understanding of Microsoft EA, Adobe ETLA, and relevant user-based licensing models
- Developing business cases, writing appropriation requests and project charters
- Management and lifecycle of leased assets
- Implementation and management of virtual computing environment
- Managing teams and outcomes by setting detailed objective plans that align to a broader enterprise strategic roadmap
- Direct experience in working with SOWs and 3rd party contracts to manage outcomes of external vendors and cloud service providers
- Creating and managing Key Performance Indictors (KPIs) and Control Plans
- Effective leadership, organization, and planning skills, with ability to handle changing priorities
- Excellent communications, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Working knowledge of desktop / mobile technologies (Microsoft, Andriod, Apple, LINUX, etc.) and management tools (Altiris, InTune / SCCM, Jamf, etc.)
- Technical depth in desktop and mobile technologies
- Demonstrated track record of on time delivery within budget; ability to drive projects to successful conclusion using influencing tools
- Ability to lead international teams across multiple initiatives that span various lines of business, geographic borders, time zones, and cultures
- Must be a self-starter, able to work in team environment and motivate others
- Exposure to Apptio and TBM framework
- Understanding of treatment for capital assets to include standard depreciation methods
- Knowledge of ITIL best practices, Foundation Certification a plus
- 15% domestic
- 5% international
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.