Company Name: Kroger Logistics
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: non-exempt
At Kroger, we are looking for talented and engaged individuals with a passion to Feed the Human Spirit. We need individuals who will share in our goal to being friendly and caring, and to make sure that everything we do is Fresh for Everyone in our communities. Our employees are leaders who are committed to personifying Our Promise of Everyone Friendly and Caring, Everything Fresh, to Uplift in Every Way and to Improve Every Day.
Kroger is excited to move to Florida and we are looking for great associates to join our team! Our Fulfillment Center (FC), located in Groveland, is a proud member of the nation-wide Kroger Family of Companies. The FC is a new concept for Kroger – where customer orders are picked daily by Fulfillment Center Associates and delivered to customer homes the following day in Kroger refrigerated vans by Delivery Drivers. The Tampa spoke will be an exciting arm of the fulfillment center delivering Kroger Fresh products to the coast!
We are currently looking for Service Lube Techs to care for our fleet of delivery vans. The primary responsibilities of these techs will be:
- Change oil/fluids
- Brake jobs
- Tire rotations
- Basic electrical systems (such as lighting)
Why you’ll love working with us:
Competitive Wages starting at $20.35/hr
Tuition Reimbursement after 6 months of employment (up to $3,500 a year and $21,000 over your career)
Excellent health benefit package
Pension with 401k Options
Paid time off (vacation, holidays and personal days)
Employee discounts of Kroger-branded food
Employee discounts with cell phone providers, computer companies, travel organizations and more!
Advancement potential in a fast-growing industry. Come for a job. Stay for a career
Responsible for maintaining and repairing commercial trucks. The company also requires that all employees perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Read job order and observes and listens to truck in operation to determine malfunction and to plan work procedures
- Install new ignition systems, aligns front wheels, changes or recharges batteries, and replaces transmissions and other parts.
- Overhaul diesel engines using mechanics hand tools, welding equipment, standard charts and hoists.
- Examine protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices on trucks and makes adjustments using hand tools.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to work a varied schedule, any shift including weekends and overtime on a frequent basis.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks and projects.
- Familiarity with industry and technical terms and processes.
- Valid driver’s license.
Desired Previous Job Experience
- Less than high school education plus three years experience in diesel mechanics or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening; Overnight
Keywords: Service Tech
Jobs at Kroger Logistics: Kroger Logistics is a best-in-class supply chain team that services our more than 2,500 grocery and convenience stores that stretch coast-to-coast across the U.S., including Alaska. We are comprised of more than 30 distribution centers, regional freight centers, transportation and office locations. In Kroger Logistics, we offer career opportunities in Safety, Professional Driving, Warehouse Operations, International Logistics, Engineering, Supply Chain and Human Resources. If you are looking for an ever-changing, fast-paced environment focused on supporting our Customer 1st Strategy, we welcome your online application.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: FL || Tampa || 7846 Citrus Park Town Center Mall || 33625 || Kroger Logistics || None || e-Commerce || Employee || Non-Exempt || Full-Time || None