Primary location: Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Relocation offered: No
Location: Lancaster, PA. A great central location in South Central Pennsylvania, Lancaster is ideally situated for easy access to major metropolitan cities such as Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington DC, and New York City. Lancaster offers a vibrant arts and entertainment community with wonderful historic sites, B&Bs, museums, great shopping, entertainment venues and restaurants.
As our Service Experience Specialist, you will mainly be responsible for providing day-to-day operational support for existing infrastructure services to users of those services and project-based work leading to the development and deployment of new infrastructure services
Why should you join Armstrong World Industries?
Armstrong World Industries (AWI) is a leader in the design and manufacture of innovative commercial and residential ceiling, wall and suspension system solutions in the Americas. With approximately $1B in revenue, AWI has about 2,500 employees and a manufacturing network of twelve facilities.
At home, at work, in healthcare facilities, classrooms, stores, or restaurants, we offer interior solutions that help to enhance comfort, save time, improve building efficiency and overall performance, and create beautiful spaces.
For more than 150 years, we have built our business on trust and integrity. It set us apart then, and it sets us apart now, along with our ability to collaborate with and innovate for the people we’re here to serve – our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our employees.
We are committed to developing new and sustainable ceiling solutions, with design and performance possibilities that make a positive difference in spaces where we live, work, learn, heal and play. It’s an exciting, rewarding business to be in, and we’re committed to continue to grow and prosper for the benefit of all of our stakeholders. We hope you join us.
Our Sustainability Ambition
“Bringing our Purpose to Life” – lead a transformation in the design and building of spaces fit for today and tomorrow.
We are committed to:
- Engaging a diverse, purpose-driven workforce;
- Transforming buildings from structures that shelter into structures that serve and preserve the health and well-being of people and planet;
- Pursuing sustainable, innovative solutions for spaces where we live, work, learn heal and play;
- Being a catalyst for change with all of our stakeholders; and
- Making a positive difference in the environments and communities we impact.
What does it mean to work at Armstrong?
It means being immersed in a supportive culture that recognizes you as a key player in Armstrong’s future. We are a large company with a local feel, where you will get to know and collaborate with leadership and your colleagues across the company.
By joining us, you’ll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential. Alongside a competitive remuneration package, you will receive:
- A benefits package including: medical, dental, prescription drug, life insurance, 401k match, long-term disability coverage, vacation and sick time, product discount programs and many more.
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests.
- A casual work environment where we have a recognition program for our team, and service awards. You will also be able to make the most of our fitness center and lunchtime cafe.
- A working culture that balances individual achievement with teamwork and collaboration. We draw on each other’s strengths and allow for different work styles to build engagement and satisfaction to deliver results.
What you’ll be doing:
- Implementing and supporting standard PC and print systems
- Gathering requirements from users and deploying standard infrastructure technology
- Providing technology and process expertise for enterprise projects
- Planning and completing standard hardware, software, and operating system refreshes
- Identifying and documenting transactional tasks for elimination or transition to service providers
- Providing Level 3 support for standard Regional or Local PC and print systems
- Documenting standard solutions appropriately for Service Desk and Level 2 teams
- Fulfilling standard requests related to Regional and Local solutions
- Tracking and documenting inbound support requests, troubleshooting activity, and resolutions
- Providing after-hours emergency pager support
- Supporting, developing, and documenting new and existing processes, procedures, and solutions
- Establishing and maintaining lines of communication with stakeholders
- Identifying opportunities to improve global standardization and organizational efficiencies
- Contributing to development of overall strategy, tactics, planning, and execution of IT initiatives
- Maintaining technical documentation and process topology to ensure alignment between the business strategies and the technology roadmap
What will make you successful:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1+ years of experience administering PC clients and printers in an environment of 500+ Windows systems
- 3+ years of professional experience
- Working knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office products
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Working knowledge of technology architecture in a manufacturing environment
- Certification in either a process discipline (ITIL, PMI, Six Sigma) or technical discipline (SAP, Data Warehousing)
Armstrong is committed to engaging a diverse, purpose-driven workforce. As part of our dedication to diversity, AWI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard for race, sex, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at by email at AWI talent acquisition and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Come and build your future with us and apply today!