Service: Financial Advisory
Job Type: 11128
Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Toronto
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be.
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
External Posting Description
What will your typical day look like?
The role of the Senior Technical Lead is pivotal to the success of our projects and product development. The role involves a mixture of development and development coordination tasks. The incumbent will be the interface between the development and business analysis work within our team, and the larger project teams. They will also contribute themselves to analysis and development as required. This is a technical role with a coordination portion, not the other way around.
In this role you will:
- Manage a team of developers in project delivery and system maintenance.
- Lead technology projects including implementations with 3rd party solutions, and internal cross platform dependent solutions.
- Participate in business planning discussions and define the technology delivery approach, including cross-applications / teams’ integration, and/or release co-ordination
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship.
- Adhere to high-quality development principles by establishing best practices while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
- Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts and software architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain web- and desktop-based business applications built on Microsoft technologies.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user’s requirements, development of use cases, project estimates and work plans.
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software.
- Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards and participate in code reviews of solution designs.
- Research and evaluate a variety of software products.
- Act as major project owner by taking responsibility for maintenance/support, implementation of new project requirements, and release of changes into the server test, staging and production environments
- Develop detailed design documents including release and deployment plans; package and support deployment of releases.
- Work with the Quality Assurance team to review test cases and ensure that the project is delivered with a high degree of quality and reliability.
- Support, troubleshoot and resolve system issues and provide application support to business users.
- Work closely with IT leadership and architecture to ensure on-going focus on reusability, scalability, and enterprise-wide solutions, to maximize returns on the suite of products.
About the team
Our Information Services department designs, develops and supports a core Customer Data Platform (CDP) and other third-party applications for our clients. The individual will be a collaborative solution builder and highly motivated, focused on creating innovative and well-designed business and technology solutions that meet or exceed the expectations of our Clients.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone with:
- 8+ years of experience in Technology Product Development, Data Management and Delivery including product design and project technical coordination.
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Developer.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field.
- Experience in HTTP/HTTPS protocol, web services and use of web servers
- Experience with database development including relational database design and SQL
- Knowledge in API design and implementation and system integration using APIs including REST API interface design.
- Knowledge of the business and technology standards (e.g., infrastructure, architecture, processes, applications) from a strategic perspective and managing/ directing teams and projects.
- Experience with agile development methodologies including Kanban and Scrum
- Experience with source control management systems including GIT and continuous integration/deployment environments.
- Strong leadership and organizational abilities; excellent communication, motivational, and interpersonal skills.
- Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent technical, diagnostic, and troubleshooting skills.
Nice to Have:
- Dev Ops experience
- Knowledge of BI tools such as Qlik, Tableau, Power BI
- Email campaign marketing knowledge an asset and/or knowledge of Alterian, SAS Customer Intelligence, Adobe Campaign, Alterian, Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- SAS development; knowledge/experience with SAS EG, SAS DataFlux
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world’s best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having a diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.