About Bentley Systems
Bentley Systems (Nasdaq: BSY) is the infrastructure engineering software company. We provide innovative software to advance the world’s infrastructure – sustaining both the global economy and environment. Our industry-leading software solutions are used by professionals, and organizations of every size, for the design, construction, and operations of roads and bridges, rail and transit, water and wastewater, public works and utilities, buildings and campuses, and industrial facilities. Our offerings include MicroStation-based applications for modeling and simulation, ProjectWise for project delivery, AssetWise for asset and network performance, and the iTwin platform for infrastructure digital twins. Bentley Systems employs more than 4,000 colleagues and generates annual revenues of more than $700 million, in 172 countries. www.bentley.com
Senior Tax Specialist
Bentley Systems’ Finance Department is expanding and looking to hire a Tax Specialist in our Exton, PA global headquarters. We are seeking an experienced, energetic, go-getter for the newly created Tax Specialist – Federal position. The Tax Specialist position offers exposure to a myriad of corporate tax compliance in the area of federal income taxes. During the course of each year, the Tax Specialist will participate in all aspects of Bentley Systems US Federal tax compliance, planning, financial reporting and controversy efforts. The Tax Specialist will work with other members of the tax team, as well as the financial reporting and accounting teams, regarding tax compliance and tax accounting issues. Bentley provides a unique environment for self-motivated professionals to grow and thrive. A great opportunity to grow and learn about the Bentley business and its corresponding tax issues.
- Preparation of the US Federal income tax filings, including extensions and estimates throughout the year.
- Analysis of general ledger accounts and preparation of tax adjustments for US corporate Federal income tax returns.
- Prepare quarterly and year-end tax account reconciliations and roll forwards, as well as resulting journal entries.
- Assist with US Federal Income Tax Audits.
- Assist with special projects.
- Continuously look to improve departmental methods for information gathering and analysis through internal and external tools.
In addition, this role also offers an opportunity to:
- Assist with the tax aspects of acquisition due diligence, integrations, compliance, and restructurings.
- Support Tax Planning/Tax Research Initiatives through research and preparation of statistical and financial reports, both on a regular and specially assigned basis regarding Federal planning, acquisitions, and audit defense strategies.
Core Competencies Required:
- Strong work ethic and a desire to learn all aspects of taxation.
- Proven capacity for handling multiple tasks, coupled with flexibility and creative problem-solving skills in a time-sensitive environment.
- Ability to research and interpret complicated tax accounting issues.
- Possess strong orientation to detail, assuming ownership of projects and organizing to deliver on deadline.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team member and to function independently, demonstrating a high level of motivation for taking initiative.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good computer skills, including working knowledge of CorpTax, SAP, MS Office, Excel and Word.
- Minimum of three to five years of tax compliance experience in Federal income taxation of C Corps with a public accounting firm and/or multinational corporation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related course of study. A MS in Taxation or MBA and/or a CPA certification, a plus.
- Good teamwork skills.
- Strong desire to continually improve skillset and grow a career in Tax.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled
Bentley is an equal opportunity employer and considers for employment all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, religion, national origin, age or any other protected characteristic. Additional information about your rights as an applicant under the law may be found by clicking here and here.
Bentley participates in e-Verify / Bentley participa en e-Verify
Right to Work / Derecho a Trabajar
We encourage you to request a reasonable accommodation if you are not able to fully use or access our online application system. You can make an accommodation request by calling 610-458-5000 or sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Disclosure:
Please be aware Bentley is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. This includes any phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Bentley via-email, the Internet (including social media) or in any form and/or method for this specific position in the absence of a written recruiting agreement executed by both you and/or your firm and Bentley will be deemed the sole property of Bentley and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Bentley.