Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – Caring – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
Boston Scientific Tax seeks an inclusive, high performing individual to develop and grow within the Company’s Tax and Finance organization. The Senior Analyst will support the Tax Operations – Income Tax team via proficient preparation and review of the U.S. federal and state income tax returns and income tax provisions. The role will require effective communication and collaboration with the accounting, forecasting, planning, structuring, and controversy teams within our Tax group. It will also support the broader Finance organization and commercial business units and offers an opportunity to be involved with special projects associated with acquisitions, integrations, divestitures, reorganizations and other business initiatives.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Prepare and review the Company’s U.S. federal and state income tax returns in a paperless environment – including international aspects (e.g. Forms 1118, 5471, 8858, 8992, etc.). Prepare and review quarterly U.S. federal and state estimated tax payments and annual extensions.
- Prepare and review annual ASC 740 calculations for the Company’s U.S. and international operations as part of the overall financial reporting and close processes.
- Spearhead tax research projects and monitor new tax legislative, regulatory, etc. changes affecting the Company. Assess impact and document/communicate findings to management.
- Create and maintain auditable workpapers and supporting documentation in support of the Company’s financial statement and IRS audits as well as internal SOX review.
- Establish and cultivate a wide range of internal and external business relationships/resources to facilitate completion of tasks/projects and understand changes to the business (e.g. acquisitions, integrations, divestitures, reorganizations, other business initiatives).
- Represent team as a primary contact on tasks and projects; participate in determining project goals and objectives; plan and organize project assignments and schedules; interact with senior internal and external personnel on significant tax matters.
- Support the Company’s continuous improvement initiative via identification and implementation of process improvements.
- Participate in the development and mentoring of staff and lead by example via providing guidance, offering counsel and being a visible and supportive team member.
- BS in Accounting, Finance, or other relevant business degree; MSA/MST and/or CPA preferred
- 5+ years of related work experience in public accounting and/or within a U.S. based multinational corporate tax department
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge in U.S. federal, state and local taxation, including domestic and international tax matters related to the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017
- Significant experience working with ASC 740 and US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Proficient to advanced Microsoft Office 365 skills preferred
- Experience within Corptax, Onesource, SAP, and HFM, a plus
- Adaptable to changing business environment and organizational structure
- Proven ability to operate in a dynamic, deadline driven environment
- Enthusiasm for collaborating as a member of a high performing team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Requisition ID: 489964
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.