Requisition ID: 238715
Requisition Posting End Date: 09/21/2021
Bechtel is one of the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. In our Nuclear, Security, and Environmental (NS&E) global business unit, the demand for our expertise is growing as we deliver the entire project life cycle: from research and development through engineering, procurement, construction and operation to decontamination and decommissioning. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that make the world cleaner and safer. The Engineering Services team is structured to provide efficient and reliable architecture-engineering (AE) services to our U.S. Government clients for smaller engineering-only projects and task orders. Consisting of architectural, civil, control systems, electrical, mechanical, plant design, systems and project engineers, NS&E Engineering Services uses a “shared resources” model where team members work together in support of the full AE task order life cycle – industry engagement, proposal, and project delivery.
The successful candidate must have strong organizational and teamwork skills, proven problem-solving abilities, can-do attitude, and the desire to innovate designs.
This role will support design development structural engineering designs for the project by preparing studies, drawings, and evaluations, in accordance with applicable procedures, codes, standards, and contract requirements. Work with other structural designers/engineers and technical disciplines in a team environment.
- Originate and check Civil/Structural deliverables of high complexity, including structural steel design drawings.
- Originate and check Civil/Structural deliverables of high complexity, including structural concrete forming and reinforcing design drawings.
- Interpret and verify industry standards, guidelines, and codes for project deliverables.
- Report design quantities compared to estimated quantities.
- Work with CSA Group supervisor to plan, budget and schedule drawing and 3-D model deliverables within the discipline.
- Participate in project design/model reviews.
- Participate in constructability reviews.
- Review vendor information from subcontractors and integrate it into the design solution.
- Execute schedule requirements while maintaining a high degree of quality in work products.
- Coordinate closely with other technical disciplines in executing work as an integrated team.
- Level 1 : BS degree in a related field with 9 years of related design experience or AA/AS degree with 11 years of related design experience. In lieu of a degree, 15 years of related design experience.
- Level 2 : BS degree in a related field with 13 years of related design experience or AA/AS degree with 15 years of related design experience. In lieu of a degree, 19 years of related design experience.
- Must be a US Citizenship or Legal Resident.
- Experience in the use of Bechtel standard applications of CAD software & Tekla & Steel Detailing.
- Work experience should emphasize the civil/structural design of heavy industrial-type facilities. Must be familiar with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Familiar with the provisions of AISC, ACI, UBC, and OSHA codes. Knowledge of construction materials and construction details and techniques.
- Familiar with the methods of procurement and control of bulk materials.
- Knowledge of technical responsibilities of other disciplines associated with Facilities Design.
- Experience creating structural design drawings.
- Ability to independently execute the detailed design drawings of structural systems of high complexity.
- Thorough knowledge of engineering deliverables, such as drawings and specifications.
- Ability to express technical issues in a clear and concise manner, both written and verbally.
- Ability to resolve design issues with subordinates, other engineering disciplines, construction, and the client.
- Ability to issue a clear and concise direction to subordinate designers and drafters.
- Experience in the structural design (steel and concrete) for Nuclear Quality and Safety Environment.
- AA in civil/structural engineering or engineering technology.
- Experience working with procedures meeting quality assurance programs such as ISO-9000.and /or NQA-1.
- Experience with the use or knowledge of MicroStation structural suite(s) and/or SmartPlant.
- Construction field experience.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.