Requisition ID: 236341
Requisition Posting End Date: 07/29/2021
This position is for a Short Term Assignment (STA) of 3 – 6 months
This position also includes a requirement for some experience with Dynamic Analysis and AutoPipe Experience.
Bechtel National, Inc. (BNI), Bechtel’s government services business, is one of the top providers to departments and agencies of the U.S. and British governments. Its successes include many large, first-of-a-kind projects in government site management, environmental restoration, defense, space, energy, and national and homeland security. Bechtel currently manages the Mobile Launcher 2 (ML2) project at Kennedy Space Center, FL. The ML2 project involves the design and construction of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) launch platform for the Space Launch System (SLS), an advanced launch vehicle that will fill America’s need for deep space missions. ML2 includes many different subsystems that must operate and fit within the constraints of the structure and provide a physical interface with KSC launch sites’ ground systems.
- Essential duties include performing pipe stress analysis of systems in accordance with ASME B31.3 Code using AutoPipe.
- The stress work includes the modeling of the piping systems to verify piping flexibility, stability and qualification of equipment nozzle loads.
- Work closely with layout personnel and pipe support engineers to deliver a quality and cost-effective design.
- Coordinate with other engineering disciplines and vendors as required.
- Level 1 – BS degree with 6 years of related experience.
- Level 2 – BS degree with 9 years of related experience.
- Good knowledge of ASME B31.3 and other relevant industry piping codes and standards.
- Must be a U.S. Citizenship.
- PE Registration.
- Previous Bechtel and/or NASA project experience.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.