Additional Locations: (n/a)
Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – Caring – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
Boston Scientific is recruiting for a Sr. Communications Specialist who can make meaningful contributions to our business and demonstrate a passion for communications by helping to tell the Boston Scientific story to our stakeholders around the world. This specialist will be an integral member of the Corporate Communications team with responsibility for providing a variety of communications services, as well as project coordination related to the implementation of internal and external communications programs aligned with the company’s overarching business objectives.
Location: preference in Marlborough, MA but has flexibility to be located remotely in the US.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Advance corporate reputation by executing public relations strategies across earned, owned and sponsored channels, including content creation, pitch development and proactive/reactive media relations
- Develop a wide range of written communications including corporate newsroom stories, social media posts, internal announcements and presentations, company website and intranet stories. Edit and proofread materials to ensure consistency of voice and style across communications.
- Support internal and external reputation-driving events and collaborations, including drafting copy for external promotion and employee engagement, reviewing materials from external collaborators, and preparing related talking points or other materials.
- Support media relations and social media initiatives with upfront research, implementation and follow up reporting and measurement. This may include detailed media monitoring reports for key projects.
- Work with external vendors to enhance and maintain the company’s online newsroom
- Coordinate the cross functional review and approval of content as needed.
- Provide project management and organizational support: manage distribution of mass emails and monitor group email inboxes, including corporate media inbox, oversee team central repository, coordinate meetings and interviews with subject matter experts and other key personnel in preparation for stories.
- Serve as primary contact for coordination of local marketing sponsorships and partnerships, including and cross functional coordination with company executives, corporate marketing, community engagement, health and wellness and other internal and external teams.
- Support reputation and brand governance by writing and editing guidelines and standards for company-wide implementation.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or equivalent.
- Minimum of three years of relevant communications experience in a corporate, agency or news-based environment with a genuine interest in health care news and industry trends.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Strong attention to detail with big picture vision.
- Solutions oriented, with a willingness to bring new ideas and try new approaches.
- Demonstrated business acumen, analytical skills, research skills and the ability to synthesize and translate findings into strategic recommendations.
- Excellent project management, organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Bright “quick thinker” and self-starter.
- Adept at working in a team environment while also displaying independence, initiative and enterprise; ability to maintain high productivity while balancing competing priorities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Requisition ID: 490057
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.