Req Id: 326131
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell IT team uses emerging technologies, Agile and DevOps to design and build innovative solutions that enable Bell’s communications services for businesses and consumers. We’re looking for creative problem-solvers who are curious, collaborative and ready to be on the leading edge of technological transformation.
About the Team:
The Bell Residential Services Ordering & Delivery district is a fast paced and dynamic team within the Information Technology organization, which delivers projects to enable new product introductions, enhance customer/agent experience, reduce back office load, improve system performance, and drive revenue benefits for the consumer segment. The team is made up of project managers, business analysts, technical primes, and business solution architect BSAs) tasked to plan and deliver projects in the BRS program. We liaise with clients from four lines of business, manage supplier engagements, and interface with the end-to-end system teams.
The delivery team manages the software delivery life cycle from SRS through the various phases of analysis, design, development, testing, deploying and normalization, with a priority to deliver their release scope on time, on budget, and with uncompromised quality.
- Bell Canada – IS/IT is looking for a highly self governing and energetic Business Analysts (Applications & Systems) to work within the BRS Ordering and Delivery Team. The successful candidate will be tasked to gather and produce business requirements and provide an analysis on a variety of projects related to Bell Residential Services, and how the introduction of new and innovative solutions for delivering new products and services will impact the BRS IT domain.
- A successful candidate will build strong IT delivery expertise and Bell system knowledge over their first 12 months of tenure and progress to a Business Solutions role where they focus on building end-to-end IT conceptual solutions to fulfill business requirements. This opportunity will require a candidate to demonstrate critical thinking, the ability to learn new things quickly, and to leverage their technical background to solve business and technology challenges.
The Business Analyst Will Be Expected To:
- Work closely with clients to write Systems Requirements (including traceability matrix and CMO vs FMO mapping) based on approved Business Requirements
- Effectively identify all areas of impact to BRS Ordering systems (including Home Phone, Internet, TV, Wireless)
- Review and evaluates the vendor’s work deliverables (SDS), to ensure the System Requirements are met
- Work with vendor(s) to elaborate on alternatives to satisfy the System Requirements
- Identify requirements and/or solution gaps including writing CR’s and reviewing solution with stakeholders
- Review vendor-proposed responses to requirements and/or solution gaps and ensure alignment or propose alternatives to meet requirements
- Inputs to Risk Management, Change Management, Quality Assurance, and Deployment
- Partners with PM to manage Risk management and Change Management
- Provides input to the Test Plans and Deployment Plan
- Reviews test cases with vendors and provides feedback and recommendations on any gaps in the test cases including negative testing, use case scenarios, etc., before signing off on test cases
- SFT & Normalization Support to drive a zero project defect launch including defect triage and investigations to resolve issues during SFT
- Partner with vendors/Business to prime and resolve defects and ensure alignment
- Support releases including creating and executing sanity testing
- 3-5 years of telecommunications experience in either a business analysis or technical capacity
- Computer Science, or Engineering degrees would be an asset
- Strong analysis, problem solving and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High aptitude for understanding information systems technology
- Strong team player; ability to facilitate, negotiate and work within a multi-domain team environment
- Flexible, ability to work in an environment where “change” is prevalent
- Experience process mapping cross systems flows
- High tolerance to ambiguity
- Good working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Office, MS Visio
- Previous experience/knowledge of the Bell Residential Services
Preferred Qualifications /Competencies:
- Experience in IT development lifecycle would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Bell’s residential services products
- Knowledge and willingness to learn systems and technology concepts (TM forum standards, Telco BSS/OSS architecture, order management/billing/CRM systems)
- Knowledge of modern architecture design concepts including Microservices, Domain Driven Design, Event Stream Processing
- Knowledge of big data ecosystems and processes including EDW, ETL
- Some knowledge of cloud platforms (Openstack, AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Some knowledge of cloud container platforms (Openshift, Kubernetes)
- Ability to efficiently work in virtual teams, handling multiple projects and meet timelines
- Fast paced, changing working environment, interfacing with a myriad of stakeholders
- Available to work occasional weekends and evenings to meet hard deadlines
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Mississauga
Application Deadline: 10/18/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, ON, Mississauga
Bell, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.