Req Id: 275151
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell IT team uses emerging technologies, Agile and DevOps to design and build innovative solutions that enable Bell’s communications services for businesses and consumers. We’re looking for creative problem-solvers who are curious, collaborative and ready to be on the leading edge of technological transformation.
Bell’s Customer Experience domain is a fast paced and dynamic environment within the Information Technology (IT) organization. The team delivers projects to enable new product introductions, improve customer experience, and modernize Telco architecture for the consumer segment.
We’re looking for a Senior Solutions Architect – creative problem-solver who is curious, collaborative and ready to be on the leading edge of technological transformation.
The Senior Solutions Architect will need to consult with various stakeholders to ascertain business and technology challenges, design IT solutions in partnership with other subject matter experts, and evaluate vendor proposals for systems development. A successful candidate will strive to explore solution options to every problem and be prepared to provide well thought out recommendations to stakeholders and executives. They will consult with Enterprise Architecture teams to negotiate functional placement of new capability, and balance pragmatic constraints of cost and time vs. long-term sustainability of IT solutions.
- Work with the Business, IT Teams and other Bell Organizations in leading, building end-to-end solutions that support business needs and align with Enterprise view.
- As a subject matter expert, partner and build relationships with business stakeholders to guide, advise and recommend future architecture, technology and roadmaps.
- Lead IT assessments, collaborating with various external vendors, internal IT and business partners.
- Provide consulting, direction and estimation during Project Initiation phase and support project assessments.
- Approve and guide architectural decisions, changes, and open issues (e.g. tool/technology product selection, interfaces, infrastructure issues, etc.)
- Guide project teams in system architecture, design, and selection of tools and technologies to meet project delivery goals.
- Review design and development deliverables, including interface specifications, integration requirements, as well as the business’s implementation and conversion strategies and plans.
- Continuous learning, staying current with business operations, internal systems and technology, and industry trends.
- Lead executive briefings to review IT solutions to seek buy-in.
- A Degree in Computer Science or Engineering & Management – Information Systems.
- Minimum 5 years of IT solution architecture experience in the capacity of defining customer requirements, solutions and project implementation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to effectively articulate technical vision, possibilities and outcomes.
- Excellent analytical skills, copes with complex situations through deliberate analysis and planning, strong problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn; both complex technical concepts and telecom business processes
- Professional business acumen and solid critical thinking
- Ability to effectively navigate ambiguity and manage changing priorities
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of Web Service API’s, API Framework, SOA, and Databases
- Experience in tools, technology & framework: Java, REST/SOAP, JMS, API gateways, Kafka, Microservices.
- Bell Canada and/or Telecommunication industry experience is a strong asset
- Experience working in the telecom industry and knowledge of business processes
- Fluent with systems and technology concepts (TM forum standards, Telco BSS/OSS architecture, order management/billing/CRM and Contact Center Systems)
- Demonstrated ability to deliver complex, multi-platform solutions
- Self-governing with excellent time management skills
- Have collaborative spirit, Leadership and organizational abilities
- Excellent Communication, Negotiation and Presentation skills
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Application Deadline: 04/21/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.