Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – Caring – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
Boston Scientific is seeking a highly motivated and result driven software engineer to join our Coronary Therapies R&D team working on innovative products that sustain and improve the lives of patients around the world.
Join a fast-growing and talented team, as we invest in a best-in-class software product using best-in-class software practices. This is one of 15 new roles on this team in 2021 alone.
The successful candidate will participate in medical device software verification and validation in collaboration with cross-functional teams
Testing medical device application requires rigor and attention to detail to meet industry and regulatory standards. We’re looking for a motivated and creative SW application test engineer with a focus on quality who has experience with requirements-based software test automation.
Your responsibilities include:
- Participate in the development, review, execution of manual or automated software tests for a Windows based software application
- Design test scenarios following design and requirement documents to ensure intended behavior is verified
- Perform software verification and validation activities using mechanical hardware components and electronic equipment
- Collaborate with SW developers, system engineers, design assurance, project management, and other Quality team members to identify, report, and troubleshoot defects in a detailed, efficient, and timely manner
- Conduct and Participate in code reviews that ensure quality of product by following procedures and regulations in test development and execution
- Participate in SW test automation framework and tools development
- Participate in Agile software development process and work towards achieving individual and team goals
- Create project documentation per Quality system requirements
- Use issue tracking tools, software version control tools, requirement management tools in day to day work
- Coordinate and collaborate with global team members
- Continuously improve process and work methodologies by interfacing with peers/cross-functional groups and analyzing activities to improve workflow and work processes.
- Develop and follow functional best practices
- Direct support personnel and project activities.
- Mentor junior engineers in software testing activities/methodologies and domain knowledge.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of relevant experience with a BS or 3+ years of relevant experience with a MS
- 3 or more years of test automation experience
- Experience in Python and any of the following: C#, Java, C++
- Effective communicator and writer
- Proven technical leadership
- Experience working with BDD (Behavior Driven Development) and Gherkin
- Experience in design test infrastructure and select tools for implementation
- Experience with Windows Operating System
- Experience in testing Windows services and desktop applications
- Experience in using tools like Jira, Jama Connect, Bitbucket, Git, Jenkins
- Previous medical device experience
- Previous experience working in an Agile work environment
- Good working knowledge of computer networking and cloud computing principles and technologies. Experience in information security is a plus.
- Experience in Secure Software Development Life Cycle (SSDLC).
- Experience in PowerShell and Python. Testing experience in C#, C++, HTTP, and MQTT.
- Experience with REST API testing tools (e.g. Postman).
- Experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Windows-based environments.
- Experience with network analysis tools (e.g. tcpdump, nmap, Wireshark).
- Experience in agile testing methods.
Requisition ID: 489970
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.