Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life’s work.
About the Role
The developer is responsible for enhancing, maintaining, and supporting the development of Medidata Rave – Electronic Data Capture (EDC) applications using agile methodology to IT SOP’s, team guidelines, best practices and industry standards.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzes, designs, and develops new application software and/or interfaces between applications.
- Creates and maintains system documentation according to the IT methodology (code, designs, test specifications, and other deliverables as necessary) for Medidata applications (Rave, Coder, eConsent etc).
- Provides production support by proactively monitoring applications and seeking to improve application availability, quality, and performance by ensuring achievement of Service Level Agreements (SLA) and participating in required on-call support, as needed.
- Participates in all phases of the software development project including- off the shelf versus build custom analysis, design, construct, implementation, testing, and post-implementation activities.
- Accountable for technical issue resolution including diagnosis of problem, recommendations for workarounds, and defect correction.
- Understands agile development methodology and is familiar with working in Product Teams.
- Maintains collaborative working relationship with IT business partners, IT services (database, data center, servers, desktop, networking, security), and software vendors, as needed.
- 3+ years of experience with Medidata Rave EDC
- Knowledge of C# and SQL must
Job Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 5+ years in IT in medical device and/or healthcare IT industries
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to analyze issues, develop and deploy solutions within a dynamic environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments simultaneously
- Agile experience is a plus
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
Requisition ID: 483331