Additional Work Location(s) : Cambridge, UK; Chengdu R&D, China; Northridge
About the Role:
HARMAN is seeking a Senior Software Architect that will define, design, develop and architect product solutions for the Luxury Audio Business Unit (BU). You will be the Subject Matter Expert of the BU You will build deep consultative technical relationships with the most experienced people in the audio industry. You will be supported by world-class engineering and product development teams. You will also represent HARMAN and the BU while interacting with internal and external customers, suppliers and 3rd party software partners. understand customer's high-level objectives and match these to solutions and propose new solutions.
You will build upon existing strategic technical relationships as well as create new ones both internally and externally so that the Luxury Audio products lead the industry by defining technology rather than simply implement it.
You will be an integral stakeholder and report directly to the Sr. Director of Global Engineering for the Luxury Audio BU
What You Will Do:
- Review and assess the current software architecture and designs associated with the existing and future products and propose design enhancements to improve reliability, performance and user experience.
- Conduct a thorough needs assessment with product team before they create product concepts for future NPIs. Discuss and review the requirements with the product and engineering teams
- Recommending product design and product integration strategies, enterprise networking architectures, software scaling infrastructure, networking platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution using best practices.
- Create architecture, designs, and documentation that will lead to consistent reliability, scalability, security, and performance of the products that we manufacture.
- Monitor project progress on a regular basis and make detailed scheduled reports on measurable items, such as milestones and deliverables.
- Proactively communicate the status, issues and roadblocks of projects with stakeholders.
- Direct the software team, external stakeholders (e.g. Apple, Dirac, Google, etc.) at an architectural level to ensure full alignment between all parties.
- Work with cross-divisional peers within Harman to identify collaboration opportunities that will leverage existing work, saving both time and cost for the overall business.
- Keep track of the latest technological innovations and developments that would affect the business.
- Be the subject matter expert for the overall software system(s).
What You Need:
- Degree in software engineering or related discipline.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience.
- Hands on software development, unit testing, Integration testing, code reviews and develop regression test plans to harden the software.
- Excellent communication skills and a successful track record for establishing and maintaining effective communication channels with cross-function teams, including 3rd party software partners.
- Strong in-person and virtual meeting skills to lead cross-function discussions and workshops.
- Strong documentation and presentation skills.
- Proven track record of successfully prioritizing activities for projects being developed at multiple engineering sites
- Proficiency in version control (bitbucket, git), issue trackers (JIRA, Redmine).
What is Nice to Have:
- Master’s degree in software engineering or related discipline.
- Direct experience in high-end consumer electronics
- Experience in automated test tools.
What Makes You Eligible:
- Be willing to travel up to 10%, domestic and international travel.
- Be willing to work in an office in Cambridge, UK, Northridge, CA or Shenzhen, China
- Successfully complete a background investigation and drug screen as a condition of employment (US).
- A company culture that is driven by our core values and supported by our commitment to an inclusive and diverse work environment.
- Professional development opportunities through HARMAN University’s business and leadership academies and extensive course catalogue.
- The opportunity to collaborate with talented teams across the world.
- Flexible work schedule with a culture encouraging work life integration.
- On-site opportunities to focus on personal well-being and development provided by our Wellness Committee, Volunteer Committee and Harman Women’s Network.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)