JOB TITLE: Scrum Master
The Scrum Master serves as the servant leader of our delivery teams. This individual helps scrum teams reach peak productivity through coaching and mentoring, resolving impediments, tracking team metrics and most importantly driving improvements. The scrum master serves as a point person responsible for understanding the big development picture of each sprint. They are responsible for delegating tasks appropriately and ensuring the team is working on the right tasks at the right time. The Scrum Master also plays a critical role in driving our agile development practices into the organization.
Job Function and Responsibilities
- Assist in overall program/project planning and ensure cross-team dependencies are well-understood and modeled in project plans and timelines.
- Identify, document, and publish risks and issues related to the overall program and to define resolution paths where required.
- Resolve cross-team impediments and blocking issues.
- Collect and consolidate cross-team status for delivery to stakeholders and executive management.
- Schedule and conduct meetings and ceremonies in accordance with best practices for Agile/Scrum software development.
- Responsible for building team collaboration, commitment towards achieving sprint objectives and viewing team needs above everything else.
- Continuously work to improve team performance and productivity:
- Encourage team accountability, self-organization, and empowerment.
- Share common Agile practices.
- Promote and support the development team’s automated processes.
- Facilitate Retrospectives which generate new ideas for process improvement.
- Maintain relevant metrics that guide the development team to more efficient processes in their work and in satisfying their Product Owner and stakeholders.
- Maintain effective information radiators that aid transparency and encourage clear communication between the development team, the Product Owner, and stakeholders.
- Active participant in the local scrum chapters to share and learn new agile concepts.
- Ability to analyze and think quickly and to resolve conflict
- Knowledgeable in techniques to fill in gaps in the scrum
- Ability to determine what is scrum and what is not
- Experience with successful Agile techniques
- Ability to work with and lead a team
- Strong communication, interpersonal and mentoring skills
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Self-motivation and ability to stay focused in the middle of distraction
- Agile Certification (SPC, RTE, SSM) is a plus
- Agricultural, Global company experience is a plus.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- 6+ years of experience as a Scrum Master for a software development team.
- 6+ years as a project manager / or a delivery role prior to being a Scrum Master
- Must have implemented Scrum concepts and principles within a larger agile delivery system.
- Experience with scaled Agile required, knowledge of VSTS/ADO is a plus.
- Estimated travel to be 30% of the time.