A family of companies and experiences
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group USA is known for our great people, great service and our great results. If you’ve been hungry and away from home, chances are you’ve tasted Compass Group’s delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 225,000 associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more in all 50 states. Our reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new opportunities for innovation. Join the Compass family today!
great people. great services. great results.
Each and every individual plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar.
This role is primarily responsible for assisting with sales and use tax audit defense and tax research supporting operations in our Healthcare and Senior Living Divisions. A successful candidate will be a detail oriented, team player looking for a challenging new opportunity in sales and use tax.
• Assist with gathering records, reconciling and analyzing data, and preparing responses related to audit defense
• Respond to sales tax inquiries raised by internal customers and taxing jurisdictions
• Research, documentation and communication of complex tax issues
• Assist in identification of risk and opportunities to the business as they relate to sales and use taxes
• Assist in providing resale certificates to vendors
• Assist in maintaining updated exemption certificates from customers
• Assist with sales tax compliance and business licensing as needed
• Other special projects as assigned
• 4-year degree in Accounting, Finance, or Tax required
• CPA or CMI certification or candidate preferred
• 3+ years multi-state sales and use tax audit defense and/or compliance experience required
• Strong accounting and analytical skills
• Experience with food/vending, healthcare, or support services industry preferred
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office required, especially Excel
• Experience with SAP preferred
• Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage large amounts of electronic data
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ability to adjust to shifting priorities
• Ability to work extended hours as required to meet internal and external deadlines
Apply to Compass Group today!
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 876590